Adding cover sheet to document - Word 2003

=?Utf-8?B?d2luZHNvbmc=?=

      3rd Nov 2005
I have a document in word with margins of 1" all around. I want to add a
first page to it (a cover sheet actually). This cover page has margins of 0"
all around. When I add the page (after changing the margins to 0), I find the
margins are changed on the entire document. How can I change the margins on
the cover sheet only?

=?Utf-8?B?UGhlb25l?=

      3rd Nov 2005
Hi,

For the border to appears on a particular page, such as only on the first
page, do the following:

1. On the Format menu, click Borders and Shading, and then click the Page
Border tab.

2. Click the option you want under Apply to.

3. Click OK.

Hope this helps.

Pheone
--
Smile, tomorrow might be worse

"windsong" wrote:

> I have a document in word with margins of 1" all around. I want to add a
> first page to it (a cover sheet actually). This cover page has margins of 0"
> all around. When I add the page (after changing the margins to 0), I find the
> margins are changed on the entire document. How can I change the margins on
> the cover sheet only?

=?Utf-8?B?d2luZHNvbmc=?=

      3rd Nov 2005
What do I do after that? Insert my new page (cover page)?

"Pheone" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For the border to appears on a particular page, such as only on the first
> page, do the following:
>
> 1. On the Format menu, click Borders and Shading, and then click the Page
> Border tab.
>
> 2. Click the option you want under Apply to.
>
> 3. Click OK.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Pheone
> --
> Smile, tomorrow might be worse
>

> "windsong" wrote:
>
> > I have a document in word with margins of 1" all around. I want to add a
> > first page to it (a cover sheet actually). This cover page has margins of 0"
> > all around. When I add the page (after changing the margins to 0), I find the
> > margins are changed on the entire document. How can I change the margins on
> > the cover sheet only?

Charles Kenyon

      3rd Nov 2005
At the very beginning of your document, insert a section break (new page).
Then go to that section and set your margins (not borders) for that section.
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/sections.htm

Note, though, 0 margins are likely to be ignored to some extent by your
printer driver. Printers require some part of the paper not being printed on
to handle the paper and move it through the printer.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"windsong" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a document in word with margins of 1" all around. I want to add a
> first page to it (a cover sheet actually). This cover page has margins of
> 0"
> all around. When I add the page (after changing the margins to 0), I find
> the
> margins are changed on the entire document. How can I change the margins
> on
> the cover sheet only?

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      3rd Nov 2005
Add your cover sheet. Between the cover sheet and the next page, insert a
section break (next page). With the insertion point in the first section
(cover page), go to Page Setup and change your margins, making sure that
"This section" is selected under "Apply to." As Charles says, you probably
won't be able to print clear to the edge.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)