how to add two names into one outlook contact for mail merging

Cameron

      10th Jul 2009
I am having trouble mail merging from Outlook 2003 to a word 2003 document. I
want to be able to send a mail merge to letter which includes the contact &
spouse names (surnames are different) and when i merge with word the names in
the address block is out of order and the greeting line won't show the
correnct names. E.g John Smith & Jane Jones gets mixed around or omitted in
the merge and displays wrong in my contacts.

If anyone has a suggestion how the contact should be set up when adding a
new contact so i can get it right at imput stage in outlook, this will save
me time during the mail merge process or should i be using a different type
of contact management program? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

      10th Jul 2009
You would never use the address block to construct a merge. Use the
individual name and address elements instead to construct the merge to
retain full control over how they are parsed.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
news:(E-Mail Removed)...