How to add internet video to powerpoint through Script editor

Intrigued_craze

      29th Mar 2008
Every time I add video, I save it. but when I play the presentation in
internet explorer it does not appear. I see the script editor their because
of the symbol in the middle of the page. PPPLLLZZZ help!! Im too young to
fail. Desperate

tbrox

      29th Mar 2008
Can you give me some more details such as which version of powerpoint are you
using? What type of video file are you using? Are you using insert movie
from file? Are you exporting this to a internet MHT file? Are you uploading
the video with the file? was the video originally in the same folder as your
PPT file?

Please be as descriptive as possible as to how you are doing this and what
it is you are trying to accomplish.
--
Tbrox

"Intrigued_craze" wrote:

> Every time I add video, I save it. but when I play the presentation in
> internet explorer it does not appear. I see the script editor their because
> of the symbol in the middle of the page. PPPLLLZZZ help!! Im too young to
> fail. Desperate

Intrigued_craze

      31st Mar 2008
I am trying to insert internet video (youtube) into my presentation. this is
the code I used <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie"
value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LAHVXwZ0eE8&hl=en"></param><param
name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed
src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LAHVXwZ0eE8&hl=en"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425"
height="355"></embed></object>

Through microsoft script editor, I insert the code up top. But I also
realize it says error cannot add video. so is there another way to insert the
video or another code to use. or am i putting it in the wrong position.

"tbrox" wrote:

> Can you give me some more details such as which version of powerpoint are you
> using? What type of video file are you using? Are you using insert movie
> from file? Are you exporting this to a internet MHT file? Are you uploading
> the video with the file? was the video originally in the same folder as your
> PPT file?
>
> Please be as descriptive as possible as to how you are doing this and what
> it is you are trying to accomplish.
> --
> Tbrox
>

> "Intrigued_craze" wrote:
>
> > Every time I add video, I save it. but when I play the presentation in
> > internet explorer it does not appear. I see the script editor their because
> > of the symbol in the middle of the page. PPPLLLZZZ help!! Im too young to
> > fail. Desperate

Intrigued_craze

      31st Mar 2008
I think i have powerpoint 2003

"tbrox" wrote:

> Can you give me some more details such as which version of powerpoint are you
> using? What type of video file are you using? Are you using insert movie
> from file? Are you exporting this to a internet MHT file? Are you uploading
> the video with the file? was the video originally in the same folder as your
> PPT file?
>
> Please be as descriptive as possible as to how you are doing this and what
> it is you are trying to accomplish.
> --
> Tbrox
>

> "Intrigued_craze" wrote:
>
> > Every time I add video, I save it. but when I play the presentation in
> > internet explorer it does not appear. I see the script editor their because
> > of the symbol in the middle of the page. PPPLLLZZZ help!! Im too young to
> > fail. Desperate

tbrox

      31st Mar 2008
Using the script editor and this kind of code is way beyond me however this
is how I would do it. Go to www.techsmith.com and for $39 purchase SnagIt
you will thank me for it and all the wonderful things it can do. SnagIt will
be able to capture that utube video into an AVI file that can be placed right
into PowerPoint as a linked file. In addition you may need to download the
techsmith codec which is TSCC codec. In addition to make it smaller or more
usable without worrying about codecs I would recommend one more step.
Convert that AVI file into a WVM windows media player file. You can do this
with movie maker that comes with Windows XP and Vista or you can download for
free from Microsoft media player 9 encoder. just go to MS site and search for
it. Both are easy to use.
--
Tbrox

"Intrigued_craze" wrote:

> I think i have powerpoint 2003
>
> "tbrox" wrote:
>
> > Can you give me some more details such as which version of powerpoint are you
> > using? What type of video file are you using? Are you using insert movie
> > from file? Are you exporting this to a internet MHT file? Are you uploading
> > the video with the file? was the video originally in the same folder as your
> > PPT file?
> >
> > Please be as descriptive as possible as to how you are doing this and what
> > it is you are trying to accomplish.
> > --
> > Tbrox
> >

> > "Intrigued_craze" wrote:
> >
> > > Every time I add video, I save it. but when I play the presentation in
> > > internet explorer it does not appear. I see the script editor their because
> > > of the symbol in the middle of the page. PPPLLLZZZ help!! Im too young to
> > > fail. Desperate

Carmen Ferrara

      31st Mar 2008
On Mar 31, 11:52 am, tbrox <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Using the script editor and this kind of code is way beyond me however this
> is how I would do it. Go towww.techsmith.comand for $39 purchase SnagIt
> you will thank me for it and all the wonderful things it can do. SnagIt will
> be able to capture that utube video into an AVI file that can be placed right
> into PowerPoint as a linked file. In addition you may need to download the
> techsmith codec which is TSCC codec. In addition to make it smaller or more
> usable without worrying about codecs I would recommend one more step.
> Convert that AVI file into a WVM windows media player file. You can do this
> with movie maker that comes with Windows XP and Vista or you can download for
> free from Microsoft media player 9 encoder. just go to MS site and search for
> it. Both are easy to use.
> --
> Tbrox
>
> "Intrigued_craze" wrote:
> > I think i have powerpoint 2003

> > "tbrox" wrote:

> > > Can you give me some more details such as which version of powerpoint are you
> > > using? What type of video file are you using? Are you using insert movie
> > > from file? Are you exporting this to a internet MHT file? Are you uploading
> > > the video with the file? was the video originally in the same folder as your
> > > PPT file?

> > > Please be as descriptive as possible as to how you are doing this and what
> > > it is you are trying to accomplish.
> > > --
> > > Tbrox

Here's a tutorial on how to embed Youtube videos into PowerPoint where
you're looking to keep the video accessible on the web:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yzUxNbi1h4

If you won't have an Internet connection and want to embed Youtube
videos into PowerPoint, you'll need to download the video and convert
it, preferably to AVI or WMV.

Good luck.

Carmen-
---
iPresent Presio
http://www.ipresent.net

Lucy Thomson

      31st Mar 2008
Have a look at liveweb - it's free :-)
http://skp.mvps.org/liveweb.htm

Lucy
--
Lucy Thomson
PowerPoint MVP

"Intrigued_craze" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...