add-in detection

romes1

      2nd Nov 2004

I want to send a workbook to another person who probably won't have the
Analysis Toolpak or Analysis Toolpak - VBA open but will need these to
be for the book to work. How can I check to see if they have it open
and if not, open it on their computer inside the OnOpen event of my
book?

--
romes1
romes1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15989

Bob Phillips

      2nd Nov 2004
If AddIns("myAddin").Installed = False Then
Application.AddIns.Add Filename:="C:\myAddin.xla"
End If

you may need to amedn the addin path

--

HTH

RP

"romes1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I want to send a workbook to another person who probably won't have the
> Analysis Toolpak or Analysis Toolpak - VBA open but will need these to
> be for the book to work. How can I check to see if they have it open
> and if not, open it on their computer inside the OnOpen event of my
> book?
>

> --
> romes1
> romes1's Profile:

> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=274572

=?Utf-8?B?cGlhZGFtb24=?=

      3rd Nov 2004
Hi romes1,

Try this:

Addins("Analysis Toolpak").Installed = True
Addins("Analysis Toolpak - VBA").Installed = True

inside the Workbook_Open event.