The add-in could not be installed or loaded

Mk23

      23rd Dec 2009
Hi

We have a Outlook add-in. Now we have a customer that has a citrix
environment. wehre he has installed the add-in for all users (30 persons).
Now we have at only one single user the problem, that Outlook starts with the
Message: "The add-in could not be installed or loaded ...." where the
customer can select to deactivate the add-in.

Outlook 2003
Windows XP

When we decide to start outlook without deactivation of the add-in, outlook
starts up and works fine, also the add-in itself works properly. But the next
time we start up we get the same message.

We checked all our logs but didn't find any hint, that it is an error in the
add-in itself. We tried to reinstall the add-in, checked all registry keys
but found no further information.
In the eventviewer of the system we find an entry from Outlook:
Source: Microsoft Office 11
Type: Error
Event ID: 2000 (normally, sparly 2001)
But no further information about the real reason of the error.

Do you have any idea for me, what to do?

regards Thomas

Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

      23rd Dec 2009
There's no way to tell from outside what's happening. If Outlook is offering
to disable the addin each time then there's an unhandled exception or an
Outlook crash or hang, probably at exit. If this is on only one machine then
I'd be looking to see what's different on that machine, and if it's running
anything that integrates with Outlook that the other machines aren't
running.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]