How to add child domain user in parent Domain admin group

=?Utf-8?B?RG55YW5lc2hv?=

      10th Feb 2006
How to add child domain user in parent Domain admins group.
e.g
I wants to add (E-Mail Removed) user in domain admins group of Parent.com.
form parent domain admin/properties/add member >> i am able to see
child.parent.com domain but after clicking it shows no objects are available
in this location.

Please help

Jan Nielsen

      12th Feb 2006
You can't - Domains Admins is a global group, which can only contain members
from within the same domain.

Depending on what you are trying to achieve you can use Administrators,
which is a Domain Local group. This group can manage the domain, but will
not by default have administrator access to member computers.

kind regards,

Jan Nielsen

Joe Richards [MVP]

      10th Apr 2006
Create a new user object in parent.com and tell the child.parent.com admin to
use that when managing parent.com.

As was mentioned, Domain Admins is a global group, it will take members from the
same domain.

Author of O'Reilly Active Directory Third Edition
www.joeware.net

---O'Reilly Active Directory Third Edition now available---

http://www.joeware.net/win/ad3e.htm