Add/Change Default Action

Tazzi_

      8th Dec 2007
When I insert a DVD Movie the choices of actions that appear don't contain
the choice I would like to perform.
When looking at File Types I don't see one that coresponds to 'DVD movie' so
that I can edit/add the action I would like to perform.
I explore the disk it has one folder
VIDEO_TS
and in it there are files with extensions
BUF, IFO, VOB
and I can't find those in my File Types either
Help

John Inzer

      8th Dec 2007
Tazzi_ wrote:
> When I insert a DVD Movie the choices of actions that appear don't
> contain the choice I would like to perform.
> When looking at File Types I don't see one that coresponds to 'DVD
> movie' so that I can edit/add the action I would like to perform.
> I explore the disk it has one folder
> VIDEO_TS
> and in it there are files with extensions
> BUF, IFO, VOB
> and I can't find those in my File Types either
> Help

==============================
I'm guessing you wish to play the DVD?

Do you have a DVD decoder installed....
PowerDVD for example? If you do...the
DVD should begin playing when you insert it.

Some info:

DVD decoder - media player windows
http://www.updatexp.com/dvd-decoder-...r-windows.html

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Tazzi_

      8th Dec 2007

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Tazzi_ wrote:
> > When I insert a DVD Movie the choices of actions that appear don't
> > contain the choice I would like to perform.
> > When looking at File Types I don't see one that coresponds to 'DVD
> > movie' so that I can edit/add the action I would like to perform.
> > I explore the disk it has one folder
> > VIDEO_TS
> > and in it there are files with extensions
> > BUF, IFO, VOB
> > and I can't find those in my File Types either
> > Help

> ==============================
> I'm guessing you wish to play the DVD?
>
> Do you have a DVD decoder installed....
> PowerDVD for example? If you do...the
> DVD should begin playing when you insert it.
>
> Some info:
>
> DVD decoder - media player windows
> http://www.updatexp.com/dvd-decoder-...r-windows.html
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
> MS Picture It! -
> Digital Image MVP
>
> Digital Image
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://tinyurl.com/aczzp
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

Actually I want to create a backup of some of our favorite movies and I want
to chose a program that doesn't come up when I insert the DVD (I can play it
no problem), but I can't find the Extensions BUF, IFO, VOB or the Type "DVD
movie".

Thanks for trying

John Inzer

      8th Dec 2007
Tazzi_ wrote:
> Actually I want to create a backup of some of our favorite movies and
> I want to chose a program that doesn't come up when I insert the DVD
> (I can play it no problem), but I can't find the Extensions BUF, IFO,
> VOB or the Type "DVD movie".
>
> Thanks for trying

================================
If you have software that can copy a DVD...
open it and it should find the DVD that is
currently in your DVD drive.

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Tazzi_

      9th Dec 2007

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Tazzi_ wrote:
> > Actually I want to create a backup of some of our favorite movies and
> > I want to chose a program that doesn't come up when I insert the DVD
> > (I can play it no problem), but I can't find the Extensions BUF, IFO,
> > VOB or the Type "DVD movie".
> >
> > Thanks for trying

> ================================
> If you have software that can copy a DVD...
> open it and it should find the DVD that is
> currently in your DVD drive.
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
> MS Picture It! -
> Digital Image MVP
>
> Digital Image
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://tinyurl.com/aczzp
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

Thanks for your reply but what I am after is that the DVD copying software
comes up as an option when I insert the disc.

John Inzer

      9th Dec 2007
Tazzi_ wrote:
> Thanks for your reply but what I am after is that the DVD copying
> software comes up as an option when I insert the disc.

Since you are posting in a Windows XP newsgroup...
I can only guess that you are running Win XP...

Maybe the following article will offer some ideas:

(307859) HOW TO: Change File Associations
in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307859

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

New Member

      21st May 2011
Ancient thread, but as it still comes up on Google's first page here's the correct answer.

Open My Computer from the start menu and right click on the drive you want to change the action for. Select 'Properties' and then open the Autoplay tab of the dialogue. From the dropdown you can choose DVD Movie as the disk type, then select whichever action you want to happen when you put the disk in.

Chris