Adaware free

jwmtx

      10th Feb 2010
I have Adaware free installed. It will not let me uninstall it. It just
flashes once and stays there. How can I uninstall it? Thank you
James

williamtell

      10th Feb 2010
Eh!
Your at a windows xp ng, contact Lavasoft with your Adaware problem!

>WT<

"jwmtx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have Adaware free installed. It will not let me uninstall it. It just
> flashes once and stays there. How can I uninstall it? Thank you
> James

Bruce Hagen

      10th Feb 2010

"jwmtx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have Adaware free installed. It will not let me uninstall it. It just
> flashes once and stays there. How can I uninstall it? Thank you
> James

Try this.

Windows Installer CleanUp Utility:
http://majorgeeks.com/Windows_Instal...ity_d4459.html
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

glee

      10th Feb 2010
"jwmtx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have Adaware free installed. It will not let me uninstall it. It just
> flashes once and stays there. How can I uninstall it? Thank you
> James

AppRemover should remove it:
http://www.appremover.com/opswat-app...y-applications
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+

VanguardLH

      10th Feb 2010
jwmtx wrote:

> I have Adaware free installed. It will not let me uninstall it. It just
> flashes once and stays there. How can I uninstall it? Thank you
> James

Start here:

http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supp...are_manual.pdf

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/

Also, it's possible the new dialog window is hiding under another window.
Did you close all applications (so they have no windows open) and then run
their uninstaller? If there are other windows left open, tried moving them
off the side to see if the new dialog window was underneath?

Tried disabling/exiting their program or any remnant processes for it before
running their uninstaller?

jwmtx

      11th Feb 2010
Yes, I have tried all these things mentioned without success. On my "add-
remove" program it shows Adaware using 29 mb of space but it's folder is
empty. How can I remove this entry on the programs listed? Thank you, James

"VanguardLH" wrote:

> jwmtx wrote:
>
> > I have Adaware free installed. It will not let me uninstall it. It just
> > flashes once and stays there. How can I uninstall it? Thank you
> > James

> Start here:
>
> http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supp...are_manual.pdf
>
> http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/
>
> Also, it's possible the new dialog window is hiding under another window.
> Did you close all applications (so they have no windows open) and then run
> their uninstaller? If there are other windows left open, tried moving them
> off the side to see if the new dialog window was underneath?
>
> Tried disabling/exiting their program or any remnant processes for it before
> running their uninstaller?
> .

jwmtx

      11th Feb 2010
Bruce, I did try that and a couple of others with no success. It seems that
the adaware is only on my programs menu where it says it is using 27 mb of
space. The Adaware folder shows empty and has been deleted, but it still
shows on my programs. any Ideas? Thanks very much for your help. James

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

> "jwmtx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have Adaware free installed. It will not let me uninstall it. It just
> > flashes once and stays there. How can I uninstall it? Thank you
> > James

> Try this.
>
> Windows Installer CleanUp Utility:
> http://majorgeeks.com/Windows_Instal...ity_d4459.html
> --
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP [Mail]
> Imperial Beach, CA
>
> .

Bruce Hagen

      11th Feb 2010
Google results:

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index...howtopic=24927

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=28
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"jwmtx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Bruce, I did try that and a couple of others with no success. It seems
> that
> the adaware is only on my programs menu where it says it is using 27 mb
> of
> space. The Adaware folder shows empty and has been deleted, but it still
> shows on my programs. any Ideas? Thanks very much for your help. James
>
> "Bruce Hagen" wrote:
>

>> "jwmtx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I have Adaware free installed. It will not let me uninstall it. It
>> >just
>> > flashes once and stays there. How can I uninstall it? Thank you
>> > James

>> Try this.
>>
>> Windows Installer CleanUp Utility:
>> http://majorgeeks.com/Windows_Instal...ity_d4459.html
>> --
>> Bruce Hagen
>> MS-MVP [Mail]
>> Imperial Beach, CA
>>
>> .

glee

      11th Feb 2010
I already gave you the link to the remover here:
http://www.appremover.com/opswat-app...y-applications

It specifically lists Ad-Aware as one of the applications it has been
tested with repeatedly:
http://www.appremover.com/supported-applications

The program has been recommended to me by people who work for some of
the major anti-virus companies, as an alternative uninstaller in
situations just like this.

I really do not understand why you choose to ignore it.
Good luck.....
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+
http://dts-l.net/

"jwmtx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes, I have tried all these things mentioned without success. On my
> "add-
> remove" program it shows Adaware using 29 mb of space but it's folder
> is
> empty. How can I remove this entry on the programs listed? Thank you,
> James
>
> "VanguardLH" wrote:
>
>> jwmtx wrote:
>>
>> > I have Adaware free installed. It will not let me uninstall it. It
>> > just
>> > flashes once and stays there. How can I uninstall it? Thank you
>> > James

>> Start here:
>>
>> http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supp...are_manual.pdf
>>
>> http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/
>>
>> Also, it's possible the new dialog window is hiding under another
>> window.
>> Did you close all applications (so they have no windows open) and
>> then run
>> their uninstaller? If there are other windows left open, tried
>> moving them
>> off the side to see if the new dialog window was underneath?
>>
>> Tried disabling/exiting their program or any remnant processes for it
>> before
>> running their uninstaller?
>> .

jwmtx

      11th Feb 2010
Mr. Glee, I did not ignore it. I downloaded it and ran it but with no
success. My problem still exist. James