AD Permissions

Eldingo

      23rd Aug 2009
Hello All:

I need to give couple of helpdesk folks just enough active directory
permissions to addr/remove computers from and the AD and to create user
accounts in AD. What is the best way to do it?

Marcin

      24th Aug 2009
As far as the first one is concerned, refer to
http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/jorge...01/05/369.aspx
Delegation of user management can be handled directly via Delegation of
Control Wizard (Delegate Control... option in the context sensitive menu of
the OU where user accounts reside in ADUC)...

hth
Marcin

"Eldingo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello All:
>
> I need to give couple of helpdesk folks just enough active directory
> permissions to addr/remove computers from and the AD and to create user
> accounts in AD. What is the best way to do it?

Florian Frommherz [MVP]

      24th Aug 2009
Howdie!

Eldingo schrieb:
> I need to give couple of helpdesk folks just enough active directory
> permissions to addr/remove computers from and the AD and to create user
> accounts in AD. What is the best way to do it?

Marcin's right, the "Delegation of Control" wizard is the best way to go
there. Are there specific OUs those helpdesk folks get write access to
(for user and computer accouns)?

Cheers,
Florian
--
Microsoft MVP - Group Policy
eMail: prename [at] frickelsoft [dot] net.