AD/AM using Active Directory Application Mode in my application

Dave

      5th Jan 2006
Hi

I am developing network application C++. I want to use Active directory
to manage computers and users. Before I have used MSSQL to store
information for computers and users.
Does any body know how to use ADAM to fetch informaion from AD.?
Is this a good idea to use AD to get informaion all the time through
network.?

thanks

DAVE

chriss3 [MVP]

      5th Jan 2006
You can use ADAM and create mirror objects of computers and users from AD.
Then store your custom object in ADAM for each user and computer.

--
Regards
Christoffer Andersson

http://www.chrisse.se - Active Directory Resources

> Hi
>
> I am developing network application C++. I want to use Active directory
> to manage computers and users. Before I have used MSSQL to store
> information for computers and users.
> Does any body know how to use ADAM to fetch informaion from AD.?
> Is this a good idea to use AD to get informaion all the time through
> network.?
>
> thanks
>
> DAVE

Dave

      5th Jan 2006
Thanks for reply
When we create ADAM instance on computer, could this possible the ADAM
instance has all information i.e. imported from m AD(all computers and
users)

Dave

Joe Richards [MVP]

      6th Jan 2006
Sure, but it won't happen magically something has to sync the information. You
could use MIIS/IIFP or ADAMSYNC.

http://technet2.microsoft.com/Window...141291033.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...3/default.mspx

www.joeware.net