ActiveSync Doesn't work in Outlook 2003

Hans Crump

      28th Sep 2004
Hi,

Everything was working before I installed SP2 and Outlook 2003. Previously
I had Outlook 2000. When I try to sync my Motorola V60 phone with Outlook
2003, I get the following error message: Outlook E0002 TrueSync could not
open the Outlook Profile "Microsoft Outlook Internet Setting." Please check
your Outlook synchronization setup. Not sure what this error message means.
I can't find any Outlook synchronization setup. Tried to update software
for TrueSync, but server doesn't work. Referred to Starfish.com but there
doesn't seem to be any support that I can find for TrueSync. Any help would
be greatly appreciated. Being able to back up my cell phone contacts is very
important to me. Thanks,

Hans Crump

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

      28th Sep 2004
You'll either need new software or Outlook 2000 - TrueSync uses full mapi
and outlook 2003 does.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Hans Crump" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Everything was working before I installed SP2 and Outlook 2003.
> Previously I had Outlook 2000. When I try to sync my Motorola V60 phone
> with Outlook 2003, I get the following error message: Outlook E0002
> TrueSync could not open the Outlook Profile "Microsoft Outlook Internet
> Setting." Please check your Outlook synchronization setup. Not sure what
> this error message means. I can't find any Outlook synchronization setup.
> Tried to update software for TrueSync, but server doesn't work. Referred
> to Starfish.com but there doesn't seem to be any support that I can find
> for TrueSync. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Being able to back up
> my cell phone contacts is very important to me. Thanks,
>
> Hans Crump

Hans Crump

      29th Sep 2004
Diane,

Thanks very much for your prompt response. Your answer explains why it
doesn't work. Can I load Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003 on the same
computer?? I assume I can.

Hans Crump

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You'll either need new software or Outlook 2000 - TrueSync uses full mapi
> and outlook 2003 does.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

> "Hans Crump" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>>
>> Everything was working before I installed SP2 and Outlook 2003.
>> Previously I had Outlook 2000. When I try to sync my Motorola V60 phone
>> with Outlook 2003, I get the following error message: Outlook E0002
>> TrueSync could not open the Outlook Profile "Microsoft Outlook Internet
>> Setting." Please check your Outlook synchronization setup. Not sure what
>> this error message means. I can't find any Outlook synchronization setup.
>> Tried to update software for TrueSync, but server doesn't work. Referred
>> to Starfish.com but there doesn't seem to be any support that I can find
>> for TrueSync. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Being able to back
>> up my cell phone contacts is very important to me. Thanks,
>>
>> Hans Crump

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

      29th Sep 2004
No, you can't. Only one version of outlook can be installed...

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Hans Crump" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Diane,
>
> Thanks very much for your prompt response. Your answer explains why it
> doesn't work. Can I load Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003 on the same
> computer?? I assume I can.
>
> Hans Crump
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> You'll either need new software or Outlook 2000 - TrueSync uses full mapi
>> and outlook 2003 does.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
>> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

>> "Hans Crump" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Everything was working before I installed SP2 and Outlook 2003.
>>> Previously I had Outlook 2000. When I try to sync my Motorola V60 phone
>>> with Outlook 2003, I get the following error message: Outlook E0002
>>> TrueSync could not open the Outlook Profile "Microsoft Outlook Internet
>>> Setting." Please check your Outlook synchronization setup. Not sure what
>>> this error message means. I can't find any Outlook synchronization
>>> setup. Tried to update software for TrueSync, but server doesn't work.
>>> Referred to Starfish.com but there doesn't seem to be any support that I
>>> can find for TrueSync. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Being able
>>> to back up my cell phone contacts is very important to me. Thanks,
>>>
>>> Hans Crump

Hans Crump

      30th Sep 2004
Diane,
Thanks very much for letting me know. Greatly appreciated.