Acronis True Image Home 2009

oscar

      14th Jan 2009
In the past I have recommended Acronis True Image for a good backup tool for
Vista, but my experiences with the very recent release of Acronis True Image
2009 and reports that there are bugs in this latest release, I recommend
passing on Acronis TIH 2009 for 64 bit Vista.

Telstar

      15th Jan 2009

"oscar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In the past I have recommended Acronis True Image for a good backup tool
> for
> Vista, but my experiences with the very recent release of Acronis True
> Image
> 2009 and reports that there are bugs in this latest release, I recommend
> passing on Acronis TIH 2009 for 64 bit Vista.

I paid for 2009...and promptly ripped it out. It is bug-ridden and even can
lead to BSOD.

oscar

      15th Jan 2009
Same here. Acronis TIH 2009 created a pre-BSOD error message "fatal hardware
or system software failure." I rebooted computer to stop the inevitable
death.

A workaround that helped me was:
1) Turn off UAC.
2) Reboot.
3) Log-in as administrator.
I was then able to restore and backup simple files but... access to TIH 2009
was denied in the user accounts. I never had problems like that with the 10
and 11 versions.

I found other workarounds that would allow me to use TIH 2009 temporary but
the problem is that one has to use workarounds for a new release. Plus when
the computer is rebooted, the workaround has to be reinstated.

Verdict: unacceptable.

--
oscar

....Right click is your very good friend...

"Telstar" wrote:

> "oscar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > In the past I have recommended Acronis True Image for a good backup tool
> > for
> > Vista, but my experiences with the very recent release of Acronis True
> > Image
> > 2009 and reports that there are bugs in this latest release, I recommend
> > passing on Acronis TIH 2009 for 64 bit Vista.
> >

> I paid for 2009...and promptly ripped it out. It is bug-ridden and even can
> lead to BSOD.

oscar

      15th Jan 2009
I purchased Vista in mid-2007, so I lucked out because I never had major
issues with it like some of the early users.
--

"terca novie" wrote:

> > Verdict: unacceptable.

> Reminds me of Vista when it was RTM..
>

> "oscar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Same here. Acronis TIH 2009 created a pre-BSOD error message "fatal
> > hardware
> > or system software failure." I rebooted computer to stop the inevitable
> > death.
> >
> > A workaround that helped me was:
> > 1) Turn off UAC.
> > 2) Reboot.
> > 3) Log-in as administrator.
> > I was then able to restore and backup simple files but... access to TIH
> > 2009
> > was denied in the user accounts. I never had problems like that with the
> > 10
> > and 11 versions.
> >
> > I found other workarounds that would allow me to use TIH 2009 temporary
> > but
> > the problem is that one has to use workarounds for a new release. Plus
> > when
> > the computer is rebooted, the workaround has to be reinstated.
> >
> > Verdict: unacceptable.
> >

> > --
> > oscar
> >
> > ...Right click is your very good friend...
> >

> > "Telstar" wrote:
> >

> >> "oscar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> >

> >> I paid for 2009...and promptly ripped it out. It is bug-ridden and even
> >> can
> >> lead to BSOD.

Seymour Newman

      15th Jan 2009
I have been using Acronis True Image Home 2009 since November without any
problems under Vista Ultimate. I have three tasks, #1 backing up my C; drive
as an image, #2 - covering My Documents and #3 - Offsite (monthly) doe My
Documents. I guess I am lucky.

--

Seymour

"oscar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I purchased Vista in mid-2007, so I lucked out because I never had major
> issues with it like some of the early users.
> --
> oscar
>
> ...Right click is your very good friend...
>

> "terca novie" wrote:
>
>> > Verdict: unacceptable.

>> Reminds me of Vista when it was RTM..
>>

>> "oscar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Same here. Acronis TIH 2009 created a pre-BSOD error message "fatal
>> > hardware
>> > or system software failure." I rebooted computer to stop the inevitable
>> > death.
>> >
>> > A workaround that helped me was:
>> > 1) Turn off UAC.
>> > 2) Reboot.
>> > 3) Log-in as administrator.
>> > I was then able to restore and backup simple files but... access to TIH
>> > 2009
>> > was denied in the user accounts. I never had problems like that with
>> > the
>> > 10
>> > and 11 versions.
>> >
>> > I found other workarounds that would allow me to use TIH 2009 temporary
>> > but
>> > the problem is that one has to use workarounds for a new release. Plus
>> > when
>> > the computer is rebooted, the workaround has to be reinstated.
>> >
>> > Verdict: unacceptable.
>> >

>> > --
>> > oscar
>> >
>> > ...Right click is your very good friend...

Telstar

      15th Jan 2009

"Richie Hardwick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 16:10:01 -0800, oscar
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Verdict: unacceptable.

> Works GREAT on my 32-bit system ;-)
>
> Richie Hardwick

I have 32-bit. After the BSOD, it told me I had an unregistered version
everytime I rebooted and re-entered the key. Out it went.