Acrobat reader problem

=?Utf-8?B?bWtiag==?=

      24th Jul 2007
When I try to open a link that requires acrobat reader I get a message
stating there is an internal error. I click ok and it procedes like it is
going to open the document, then I get another message: There was an error
opening this document. This viewer cannot decrypt this document.
Then of course, the document is blank.
Other times I get an error..(can't remember it right now) that says
something about the font....it then only displays part of the document.
Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for your help.

Mike Hall - MVP

      24th Jul 2007
Uninstall Adobe Reader and then do a search on Foxit, which you then
download..

news(E-Mail Removed)...

--

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Charles W Davis

      24th Jul 2007
http://www.foxitsoftware.com At 3.9 MB, you will never go back to the 16.9
MB Adobe Reader.
"Mike Hall - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Uninstall Adobe Reader and then do a search on Foxit, which you then
> download..
>

> "mkbj" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> When I try to open a link that requires acrobat reader I get a message
>> stating there is an internal error. I click ok and it procedes like it
>> is
>> going to open the document, then I get another message: There was an
>> error
>> opening this document. This viewer cannot decrypt this document.
>> Then of course, the document is blank.
>> Other times I get an error..(can't remember it right now) that says
>> something about the font....it then only displays part of the document.
>> Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for your help.

> --
>

> Mike Hall
> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

Steve

      24th Jul 2007
"Charles W Davis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>http://www.foxitsoftware.com At 3.9 MB, you will never go back to the 16.9
>MB Adobe Reader.

Until you discover that many docs won't print on Foxit...

--

When they discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it.

....Bernard Bailey

Ian Betts

      4th Aug 2007

"mkbj" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I try to open a link that requires acrobat reader I get a message
> stating there is an internal error. I click ok and it procedes like it is
> going to open the document, then I get another message: There was an error
> opening this document. This viewer cannot decrypt this document.
> Then of course, the document is blank.
> Other times I get an error..(can't remember it right now) that says
> something about the font....it then only displays part of the document.
> Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for your help.

Delete your Adobe Reader in the normal way and go back to Adobe.com and
download again and install. This will save you agonizing over a problem.
Most times these downloads work , sometimes they just don't. As the program
is free, nothing lost in starting over.

--
Ian