Acer/Vivicam 35

Eve

      9th Jul 2006
Hello I bought a Vivicam 35 several months ago. It worked great on

my last computer; however when I put the CD into my new one (Acer) I
keep
getting an error message; therefore unable to use the camera. I
reconnected my last computer to see if I had the same problem, however
the CD worked fine. Does anyone know what could be wrong; or a site
that I can ask for support?

Thanks,
Eve

Paul

      9th Jul 2006
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, "Eve"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hello I bought a Vivicam 35 several months ago. It worked great on
>
> my last computer; however when I put the CD into my new one (Acer) I
> keep
> getting an error message; therefore unable to use the camera. I
> reconnected my last computer to see if I had the same problem, however
> the CD worked fine. Does anyone know what could be wrong; or a site
> that I can ask for support?
>
> Thanks,
> Eve

The driver list is here:
http://www.vivitar.com/vivitarwork/digicamdrivers.php

This is apparently a TWAIN driver:
http://www.vivitar.com/vivitarwork/V35_WHQL_050308.exe

User manual:
http://www.vivitar.com/vivitarwork/images/V35manual.pdf

And a MacOS 9 driver package of some sort:
http://www.vivitar.com/vivitarwork/i.../V30-40-50.sit

According to the manual, the CD has the TWAIN driver on
it, plus some higher level software. I would try to copy
the contents of the CD, by using the computer that was
able to accept the CDROM. Then arrange to take the copied
files, to the new computer and use them there.
An ethernet cable and setting up file sharing, would be
one alternative, to getting at the files you copy to
the hard drive on the old computer.

In other words, it could be that the CDROM drive on the
new computer, is having trouble reading the CD. Copying
the files on the CD, using a computer that can read the
disk, may be your best alternative. If the old computer
had a CD burner, you could make a new CD from the old CD's
contents.

Paul

John McGaw

      9th Jul 2006
Eve wrote:
> Hello I bought a Vivicam 35 several months ago. It worked great on
>
> my last computer; however when I put the CD into my new one (Acer) I
> keep
> getting an error message; therefore unable to use the camera. I
> reconnected my last computer to see if I had the same problem, however
> the CD worked fine. Does anyone know what could be wrong; or a site
> that I can ask for support?
>
> Thanks,
> Eve

My psychic powers are weak today and I am unable to determine what the
error message might be but my powers do tell me that anyone offering to
help you will be doing no more than guessing unless you are willing to
share the contents of the message with them.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

Eve

      9th Jul 2006

Paul wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, "Eve"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Hello I bought a Vivicam 35 several months ago. It worked great on
> >
> > my last computer; however when I put the CD into my new one (Acer) I
> > keep
> > getting an error message; therefore unable to use the camera. I
> > reconnected my last computer to see if I had the same problem, however
> > the CD worked fine. Does anyone know what could be wrong; or a site
> > that I can ask for support?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Eve

> The driver list is here:
> http://www.vivitar.com/vivitarwork/digicamdrivers.php
>
> This is apparently a TWAIN driver:
> http://www.vivitar.com/vivitarwork/V35_WHQL_050308.exe
>
> User manual:
> http://www.vivitar.com/vivitarwork/images/V35manual.pdf
>
> And a MacOS 9 driver package of some sort:
> http://www.vivitar.com/vivitarwork/i.../V30-40-50.sit
>
> According to the manual, the CD has the TWAIN driver on
> it, plus some higher level software. I would try to copy
> the contents of the CD, by using the computer that was
> able to accept the CDROM. Then arrange to take the copied
> files, to the new computer and use them there.
> An ethernet cable and setting up file sharing, would be
> one alternative, to getting at the files you copy to
> the hard drive on the old computer.
>
> In other words, it could be that the CDROM drive on the
> new computer, is having trouble reading the CD. Copying
> the files on the CD, using a computer that can read the
> disk, may be your best alternative. If the old computer
> had a CD burner, you could make a new CD from the old CD's
> contents.
>
> Paul

Thanks so much for your help..much appreciated. I will try the links
you enclosed. If they don't work; I will try to copy the files on the
CD from my old computer.

Thanks

Eve

      9th Jul 2006

John McGaw wrote:
> Eve wrote:
> > Hello I bought a Vivicam 35 several months ago. It worked great on
> >
> > my last computer; however when I put the CD into my new one (Acer) I
> > keep
> > getting an error message; therefore unable to use the camera. I
> > reconnected my last computer to see if I had the same problem, however
> > the CD worked fine. Does anyone know what could be wrong; or a site
> > that I can ask for support?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Eve
> >

> My psychic powers are weak today and I am unable to determine what the
> error message might be but my powers do tell me that anyone offering to
> help you will be doing no more than guessing unless you are willing to
> share the contents of the message with them.
>
> --
> John McGaw
> [Knoxville, TN, USA]
> http://johnmcgaw.com

Oops..the error message read:
Autorun.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Information regarding condtion of autorun.exe when problem occured.

Thanks

Grinder

      9th Jul 2006
John McGaw wrote:
> Eve wrote:
>> Hello I bought a Vivicam 35 several months ago. It worked great on
>>
>> my last computer; however when I put the CD into my new one (Acer) I
>> keep
>> getting an error message; therefore unable to use the camera. I
>> reconnected my last computer to see if I had the same problem, however
>> the CD worked fine. Does anyone know what could be wrong; or a site
>> that I can ask for support?
>> Thanks, Eve
>>

> My psychic powers are weak today and I am unable to determine what the
> error message might be but my powers do tell me that anyone offering to
> help you will be doing no more than guessing unless you are willing to
> share the contents of the message with them.

Why does it so rarely occur to someone seeking help that the error
message might possibly describe the cause of the error? As it turns
out, those messages only occasionally peg the source of the problem, but
at least it's somewhere to start.

Eve

      9th Jul 2006

Paul wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, "Eve"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Hello I bought a Vivicam 35 several months ago. It worked great on
> >
> > my last computer; however when I put the CD into my new one (Acer) I
> > keep
> > getting an error message; therefore unable to use the camera. I
> > reconnected my last computer to see if I had the same problem, however
> > the CD worked fine. Does anyone know what could be wrong; or a site
> > that I can ask for support?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Eve

> The driver list is here:
> http://www.vivitar.com/vivitarwork/digicamdrivers.php
>
> This is apparently a TWAIN driver:
> http://www.vivitar.com/vivitarwork/V35_WHQL_050308.exe
>
> User manual:
> http://www.vivitar.com/vivitarwork/images/V35manual.pdf
>
> And a MacOS 9 driver package of some sort:
> http://www.vivitar.com/vivitarwork/i.../V30-40-50.sit
>
> According to the manual, the CD has the TWAIN driver on
> it, plus some higher level software. I would try to copy
> the contents of the CD, by using the computer that was
> able to accept the CDROM. Then arrange to take the copied
> files, to the new computer and use them there.
> An ethernet cable and setting up file sharing, would be
> one alternative, to getting at the files you copy to
> the hard drive on the old computer.
>
> In other words, it could be that the CDROM drive on the
> new computer, is having trouble reading the CD. Copying
> the files on the CD, using a computer that can read the
> disk, may be your best alternative. If the old computer
> had a CD burner, you could make a new CD from the old CD's
> contents.
>
> Paul

Paul; I just used the driver list that you posted..and it's now
working. Thank you so much for your help

And I do aplogize to everyone for the lack of information (on the error
message)