PC Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

ACER support diabolical

23rd Jul 2008
Now I'm gonna go down in your opinions for this post....

Proud owner of a Acer Ferrari 3200
I luv it
Had 2 hardware faults
Acers itself doesn't do repairs.... they contract it out.
(Or atleast this was true 3 years ago)

After speaking to Acer support I was given details of the repair centre.
Explained my profession and exaggerated the amount of laptops we sell/repair.
Gave my diagnosis and explained I was capable of repairs, got sent the technicians service manual, got sent the parts to repair it myself, sent back the damaged parts.
Had an email from Acer confirming that my warrenty was still valid after the repairs.

The problem, like always, is talking to someone who doesn't know/ doesn't want to know.

All this took 1-2 weeks.

Cost ?..... Nothing..... they even paid for the return postage

Looking for a Tag Line
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

NO! I'm not coming to bed yet....
I'm still playing EVE

23rd Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaLing
Now I'm gonna go down in your opinions for this post....

Proud owner of a Acer Ferrari 3200
I luv it
Had 2 hardware faults
Acers itself doesn't do repairs.... they contract it out.
(Or atleast this was true 3 years ago)

After speaking to Acer support I was given details of the repair centre.
Explained my profession and exaggerated the amount of laptops we sell/repair.
Gave my diagnosis and explained I was capable of repairs, got sent the technicians service manual, got sent the parts to repair it myself, sent back the damaged parts.
Had an email from Acer confirming that my warrenty was still valid after the repairs.

The problem, like always, is talking to someone who doesn't know/ doesn't want to know.

All this took 1-2 weeks.

Cost ?..... Nothing..... they even paid for the return postage

The hardwares fine. Hitachi inners with Pioneer disk drive, But their software and support is terrible. I had mine 2 days and the acer tour installation was stuck permanently on the screen and when i rang them they said "no problem just ring our GEEK SQUAD and they will get on it". they then proceeded to give me an 0900 nomber at 1.75 a minute. First factory restore commenced, i didnt need a 40 phonecall for that. It gets confusing sometimes though as acer have eSettings managment/ eNet management and a lot of others that do exactly what windows does and you dont need 2 software systems.

Banned

23rd Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToRRenTPimP
It gets confusing sometimes though as acer have eSettings managment/ eNet management and a lot of others that do exactly what windows does and you dont need 2 software systems.

Erm need I stress it anymore, for anybody who has an Acer computer, anything that says Acer with an E before it, get rid of it...

sugar 'n spikes

23rd Jul 2008
Two of my friends.

Each bought an Acer laptop eight months ago.

Both agree the purchase was one of the worst decisions they'd made in their lives.

Nothing but problems and frustration, apparently.

I just say as I hear.

Don Van Vliet 1941 - 2010. And the acid gold bar swirled up and down, up and down.

Banned

23rd Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by floppybootstomp
Two of my friends.

Each bought an Acer laptop eight months ago.

Both agree the purchase was one of the worst decisions they'd made in their lives.

Nothing but problems and frustration, apparently.

I just say as I hear.
Nothing wrong with saying as you hear..I stopped working for them, because of the way things were done in support, or should I say weren't done, now I work for a company that pretty much provides the supprt and repair Acer don't..

23rd Jul 2008
I'm glad i never paid for mine, it came with a mobile modem from the Car-Phone Warehouse as free and that is still too expensive!!

Last edited by ToRRenTPimP; 23rd Jul 2008 at 06:11 PM..

Banned

23rd Jul 2008
How's this for a laugh, the laptop I have been using to run WCG is an Acer Aspire 3680, I have been monitoring the CPU use and tempratures..They have been incredibly high, seen as WCG is the only thing it was been used for I thought best to monitor it, well it just went pop, bit of a whinning screaching noise followed by some smoke out the side vent...Woooohooo it blew up...Ah well sh*t happens

1st Aug 2008
ACER 'Infoteam' are a major joke.

the bench technitions are clueless.

i have a aspire laptop.. near new, spent most of its life in the repair centre due to a faulty backlight in the screen.

first repair.. they changed the cd-rom and soundcard... idiots and this effects the backlight how.. bad enough they never informed me that the unit was completed and dispatched, took me near 1mth to get it back from DHL due to work.

second repair. a basic in out job, updated the date on the bios.. 'incorrect date'. Again this did not fix my faulty backlight.

third repair.. this one is a classic.. sent unit on the 23rd, they recieved it on the 23rd, they dispatched it on the 24th.. acer report says reseated/reassembled unit, soak tested over 48hrs. backlight did fail.

but once again i get the laptop back and there is no backlight...
they managed to do all that work in under 24hrs. they are a bunch of cowboys, clueless.

each time they sent me the machine back, i took photo's of the failure with there report in the image to prove the date's ect.. i have sent a letter to the complaints deppartment requesting a new unit or a full refund.. they sent me a letter back saying i will be contacted in 10 working days.

anybody awere of passmark performance test?

mine scored 169.0 dualcore
my brothers cheaper dualcore scored 471.0

there is somethin seriously wrong here...

make things worse i have a real copy of XP on my vista laptop.. desided to put vista on, installed fine.. when i went to activate my vista it says my key is already in use. only the repair centre and my family would of had access to my laptop key.

ACER are cowboys,

i had good phone support. no problems with DHL. i blame the technitions.

1st Aug 2008
My Mrs has had an Acer Aspire 3610 for over 2 years now and it's never had a single problem.Reading about Acer support and customer service this fact makes me well happy as it seems to be non existent.

2nd Aug 2008
First of all, well allow me to say hello to everybody as this is my first post in this forum (which is great btw).

Now let's get back to serious stuff: I've had an Acer Aspire 5630 for one year and a half almost. It seems like there is something wrong and I would like to have it checked. Now I should still find out whether the laptop is under warranty or not, but since the Acer servce seems to be so poor I was wondering if it's not the case to bring my laptop to a private business which is possibly also an Acer dealer.
Can anyone of you guys give me a piece of advise? Condidering that I live in London I guess it shouldn't be that hard to find someone who can ckeck my laptop, right?

Thank you,

Enrico

Last edited by Italian1980; 2nd Aug 2008 at 06:35 PM..

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: