ACCOUNT LOCKOUTS!!

CasDeTroy

      18th Feb 2004
I have my iser accounts locking out almost every 5
mins!!!

It wasnt like that earlier on, what did i do wrong?

Please help iam gettin freaked out with all the calls &
manual account unlocking.

THx

Jimmy Andersson [MVP]

      18th Feb 2004
See this URL:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...9-b999adde0b9e

Regards,
/Jimmy
--
Jimmy Andersson, Q Advice AB
Microsoft MVP - Active Directory

"CasDeTroy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:11e8d01c3f65f$be26dd90$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have my iser accounts locking out almost every 5
> mins!!!
>
> It wasnt like that earlier on, what did i do wrong?
>
> Please help iam gettin freaked out with all the calls &
> manual account unlocking.
>
> THx

=?Utf-8?B?RmlybWJ5dGU=?=

      19th Feb 2004
I had something similar recently, but it was just one user and NT4. The user had mapped a drive on another PC with his user name & password to a drive on a server, he had subsequently changed his password, but the other PC was still trying to re-connect the mapped drive each time using the old credentials and locking out the account.

Tim Hines [MSFT]

      19th Feb 2004
Take a look at the following resources

Account Policy whitepaper

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tre...e/BPACTLCK.asp

Account lockout management tools

http://microsoft.com/downloads/detai...displaylang=en

Account Best Practices

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tre...rd_protect.asp

Account Lockout Webcast

http://support.microsoft.com/default...lurb022703.asp

Tim Hines, MCSE, MCSA
Windows 2000 Directory Services

from your issue.

"CasDeTroy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:11e8d01c3f65f$be26dd90$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have my iser accounts locking out almost every 5
> mins!!!
>
> It wasnt like that earlier on, what did i do wrong?
>
> Please help iam gettin freaked out with all the calls &
> manual account unlocking.
>
> THx

Richard

      23rd Feb 2004