Accidentally Uninstalled ATI

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyZ290IEpvbmVz?=

      21st Feb 2005
Hello:

While cleaning my hard drive a few hours ago I made a mistake and
uninstalled something called ATI. Now my display is distorted and enlarged,
and the screen ripples when I scroll. I tried to do a VAIO recovery, but I
didn't have the proper tools to back up my files (I own a Sony VAIO notebook,
2004).

I don't know what to do to restore my screen display. I have downloaded a
new ATI driver from the ATI support site called the RADEON Family, but that
is only a guess. I don't know if a driver is even what I need, or if that is
the right one.

What should I do?

Thank you,
Margot

Rick \Nutcase\ Rogers

      21st Feb 2005
Hi,

What model is your notebook?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Margot Jones" <Margot (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello:
>
> While cleaning my hard drive a few hours ago I made a mistake and
> uninstalled something called ATI. Now my display is distorted and
> enlarged,
> and the screen ripples when I scroll. I tried to do a VAIO recovery, but I
> didn't have the proper tools to back up my files (I own a Sony VAIO
> notebook,
> 2004).
>
> I don't know what to do to restore my screen display. I have downloaded a
> new ATI driver from the ATI support site called the RADEON Family, but
> that
> is only a guess. I don't know if a driver is even what I need, or if that
> is
> the right one.
>
> What should I do?
>
> Thank you,
> Margot

=?Utf-8?B?SGVsdGVy?=

      21st Feb 2005
Hi Margot.

Go to the Sony support website at
http://www.vaio-link.com/downloads/r...ister.asp?l=en. You'll be
asked for a Product code and serial number that you can find on your computer
by following the instructions on the supplied website.

"Margot Jones" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> While cleaning my hard drive a few hours ago I made a mistake and
> uninstalled something called ATI. Now my display is distorted and enlarged,
> and the screen ripples when I scroll. I tried to do a VAIO recovery, but I
> didn't have the proper tools to back up my files (I own a Sony VAIO notebook,
> 2004).
>
> I don't know what to do to restore my screen display. I have downloaded a
> new ATI driver from the ATI support site called the RADEON Family, but that
> is only a guess. I don't know if a driver is even what I need, or if that is
> the right one.
>
> What should I do?
>
> Thank you,
> Margot

Jerry

      21st Feb 2005
Do a System Restore to a date/time before you uninstalled the ATI stuff.