accidentally deleted all my songs!

Nick

      7th Feb 2005
Hello,
Last night a friend of mine did a full scan and it came up
with several "threats" one of which was Kazaa. Since she
no longer uses it anymore i told her it was okay to
"remove" this threat. Little did we know that by doing so
it removed all of her mp3's in the "My Shared Folder"
folder of Kazaa in which all of her songs were located.
Does anyone know of anything we can do to get those songs
back? We tried using the system restore point that was
created right before she removed the files but the files
are still gone after restoring to that point. Any Help
would be very greatly appreciated!

~nick

JFK

      7th Feb 2005
You can try the "PC Inspector File Recovery" program to
get your deleted data back

JFK

Geoff

      8th Feb 2005
Hi there,

Doesn't sound real flash, reckon you'll need to use
an 'undelete' app to recover those files.

John

      8th Feb 2005
If you have a backup then you are in luck, otherwise as was suggested you
will need to run and undelete program of one kind or another with limited
luck. System Restore, as you found out does not recover data files.

Is this per chance Nick P.?

John

news:159b01c50d4c$07d74070$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
> Last night a friend of mine did a full scan and it came up
> with several "threats" one of which was Kazaa. Since she
> no longer uses it anymore i told her it was okay to
> "remove" this threat. Little did we know that by doing so
> it removed all of her mp3's in the "My Shared Folder"
> folder of Kazaa in which all of her songs were located.
> Does anyone know of anything we can do to get those songs
> back? We tried using the system restore point that was
> created right before she removed the files but the files
> are still gone after restoring to that point. Any Help
> would be very greatly appreciated!
>
> ~nick

Ramony

      10th Feb 2005
Hi!
I have the same problem, but whith Overnet. I try use a
lot of programs to undelete the files but the folder
c:\Program Files\Overnet is not found!

Any one can help me???

(sorry, my english is not good, Im from Brazil)

Thanks
Ramony

message
>news:159b01c50d4c$07d74070$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hello,
>> Last night a friend of mine did a full scan and it

came up
>> with several "threats" one of which was Kazaa. Since

she
>> no longer uses it anymore i told her it was okay to
>> "remove" this threat. Little did we know that by

doing so
>> it removed all of her mp3's in the "My Shared Folder"
>> folder of Kazaa in which all of her songs were located.
>> Does anyone know of anything we can do to get those

songs
>> back? We tried using the system restore point that was
>> created right before she removed the files but the

files
>> are still gone after restoring to that point. Any Help
>> would be very greatly appreciated!
>>
>> ~nick

>.

Ramony

      10th Feb 2005
Hi!
I have the same problem, but whith Overnet. I try use a
lot of programs to undelete the files but the folder
c:\Program Files\Overnet is not found!

Any one can help me???

(sorry, my english is not good.)

Thanks
Ramony

      10th Feb 2005
I had a similar experience when I installed a new version
of Lotus 1-2-3. It taught me a lesson: always back up
data files before doing any install that can affect them.

At the time, I thought I was too smart to let anything
happen to my files. The Lotus 1-2-3 install program
displayed a message, "OK to reallocate the work file
folder" or something to that effect. I said yes, not
realizing that a spreadsheet containing several years of
car maintenance information (date, mileage, service,
cost) was in the work file folder, along with all my
Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets. Of course I lost everything.

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

      10th Feb 2005
Ramony:
Restore from back-ups

Or, something here may help:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/datrec.htm

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"Ramony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0ee801c50f97$e8f33b20$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi!
> I have the same problem, but whith Overnet. I try use a
> lot of programs to undelete the files but the folder
> c:\Program Files\Overnet is not found!
>
> Any one can help me???
>
> (sorry, my english is not good.)
>
> Thanks
> Ramony

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

      10th Feb 2005
Nick;
System Restore is not designed to restore personal files:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/com.../faqsrwxp.mspx