Access XP Runtime with Earlier Access Versions

William

      5th Sep 2003
Hi All,

I have received great answers to my posted questions.
This is really helpful! Now for another question:

I have an Access XP Runtime Application developed with
Office XP Developer thatI plan to distribute. I know
that there are definite steps for installing different
issues of Office on the same computer. I did it on mine
by installing Office Professional 97 first and then
renaming all programs with the "97" suffix before
installing Office Professional XP. This works fine and I
can access both without problems. When someone is going
to install the XP Runtime Application, do they have to
rename any earlier versions of the Office programs before
installing the runtime?

Thank you in advance for your help!

William

Brendan Reynolds \(MVP\)

      5th Sep 2003
The SageKey (www.sagekey.com) MSI Wizard for Access 2002 avoids most of the
problems. I did still have to create the runtime on a PC running the
earliest version of Windows I intended to support, but I understand (from a
post in a previous newsgroup discussion) that SageKey may have a workaround
for that problem too.

--
Brendan Reynolds (Access MVP)
http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

news:2cbe01c373bb$1e2585c0$(E-Mail Removed)...