Access stopped working

Ron Carr

      29th Apr 2009
Access 2007: I am getting the message "Access has stopped working" way too
often.
I click on the link to find a reason, but don't get anything back.
Access often saves a backup during this process.
Happens always in VB Editor: sometimes almost immediately, sometimes quite a
while goes by.
App is compiling cleanly.
Vista Ultimate 64-bit.
Also had this problem on my other computer, 32-bit Home Premium, but it was
Windows Explorer that was stopping: on the other hand, Windows Explorer gives
me the same error on my Ultimate machine occasionally.
There are messages going back 6 months on the Vista site about this, with
poor resolutions.
This happening to anyone else?
Ron

DaveT

      30th Apr 2009
I've started to have problems (Access stopped working) over the past two days
after installing Office 2007 SP2. Also recently updated to IE8. Happening
with app that links, via ODBC, to SQL Server 2008, Developer's Edition.

Problem several times yesterday, and again this morning. Automatic error
reporting to Microsoft returns no solutions.
--
Dave Thompson
Allen, TX

"Ron Carr" wrote:

> Access 2007: I am getting the message "Access has stopped working" way too
> often.
> I click on the link to find a reason, but don't get anything back.
> Access often saves a backup during this process.
> Happens always in VB Editor: sometimes almost immediately, sometimes quite a
> while goes by.
> App is compiling cleanly.
> Vista Ultimate 64-bit.
> Also had this problem on my other computer, 32-bit Home Premium, but it was
> Windows Explorer that was stopping: on the other hand, Windows Explorer gives
> me the same error on my Ultimate machine occasionally.
> There are messages going back 6 months on the Vista site about this, with
> poor resolutions.
> This happening to anyone else?
> Ron

Ron Carr

      30th Apr 2009
Are you on Vista?
Ron

"DaveT" wrote:

> I've started to have problems (Access stopped working) over the past two days
> after installing Office 2007 SP2. Also recently updated to IE8. Happening
> with app that links, via ODBC, to SQL Server 2008, Developer's Edition.
>
> Problem several times yesterday, and again this morning. Automatic error
> reporting to Microsoft returns no solutions.
> --
> Dave Thompson
> Allen, TX
> US
>

> "Ron Carr" wrote:
>
> > Access 2007: I am getting the message "Access has stopped working" way too
> > often.
> > I click on the link to find a reason, but don't get anything back.
> > Access often saves a backup during this process.
> > Happens always in VB Editor: sometimes almost immediately, sometimes quite a
> > while goes by.
> > App is compiling cleanly.
> > Vista Ultimate 64-bit.
> > Also had this problem on my other computer, 32-bit Home Premium, but it was
> > Windows Explorer that was stopping: on the other hand, Windows Explorer gives
> > me the same error on my Ultimate machine occasionally.
> > There are messages going back 6 months on the Vista site about this, with
> > poor resolutions.
> > This happening to anyone else?
> > Ron

DaveT

      30th Apr 2009
Yep, Vista Ultimate 32 bit
--
Dave Thompson
Allen, TX

"Ron Carr" wrote:

> Are you on Vista?
> Ron
>
> "DaveT" wrote:
>
> > I've started to have problems (Access stopped working) over the past two days
> > after installing Office 2007 SP2. Also recently updated to IE8. Happening
> > with app that links, via ODBC, to SQL Server 2008, Developer's Edition.
> >
> > Problem several times yesterday, and again this morning. Automatic error
> > reporting to Microsoft returns no solutions.
> > --
> > Dave Thompson
> > Allen, TX
> > US
> >

> > "Ron Carr" wrote:
> >
> > > Access 2007: I am getting the message "Access has stopped working" way too
> > > often.
> > > I click on the link to find a reason, but don't get anything back.
> > > Access often saves a backup during this process.
> > > Happens always in VB Editor: sometimes almost immediately, sometimes quite a
> > > while goes by.
> > > App is compiling cleanly.
> > > Vista Ultimate 64-bit.
> > > Also had this problem on my other computer, 32-bit Home Premium, but it was
> > > Windows Explorer that was stopping: on the other hand, Windows Explorer gives
> > > me the same error on my Ultimate machine occasionally.
> > > There are messages going back 6 months on the Vista site about this, with
> > > poor resolutions.
> > > This happening to anyone else?
> > > Ron

Randy Eaton

      24th Sep 2009
This just started happening to me yesterday. I click on the VB Editor link in a form's property box next to one of the properties and it immediately fails rather than opening the VB Editor window. Have you received any solution to this issue?

RonCar wrote:

Access stopped working
29-Apr-09

Access 2007: I am getting the message "Access has stopped working" way too
often
I click on the link to find a reason, but don't get anything back
Access often saves a backup during this process
Happens always in VB Editor: sometimes almost immediately, sometimes quite a
while goes by
App is compiling cleanly
Vista Ultimate 64-bit
Also had this problem on my other computer, 32-bit Home Premium, but it was
Windows Explorer that was stopping: on the other hand, Windows Explorer gives
me the same error on my Ultimate machine occasionally
There are messages going back 6 months on the Vista site about this, with
poor resolutions
This happening to anyone else
Ron

WPF And The Model View View Model Pattern
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...l-view-vi.aspx

Tony Toews [MVP]

      1st Oct 2009
Randy Eaton wrote:

>This just started happening to me yesterday. I click on the VB Editor link in a form's property box next to one of the properties and it immediately fails rather than opening the VB Editor window. Have you received any solution to this issue?

MAKE A BACKUP COPY.

Then try doing a decompile. See Decompile or how to reduce Microsoft
Access MDB/MDE size and decrease start-up times
http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/decompile.htm

Then try importing all the objects into a new MDB.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP