PC Review


Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread

Access/Outlook automation

 
 
Lance McGonigal
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      7th Jun 2004
Hi all, thanks in advance for your help.

I have a routine that sends some emails out based on a recordset. When I do
the send objects I get a message from Outlook that says someone is trying to
send mail to I want to allow access for x minutes or messages? I think this
is a security setting somewhere but darn if I can find it. Do you know
where I can turn it down some?

Thanks

Lance


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Rick Brandt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      7th Jun 2004
"Lance McGonigal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uqM$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all, thanks in advance for your help.
>
> I have a routine that sends some emails out based on a recordset. When I

do
> the send objects I get a message from Outlook that says someone is trying

to
> send mail to I want to allow access for x minutes or messages? I think

this
> is a security setting somewhere but darn if I can find it. Do you know
> where I can turn it down some?


It is not something that you can turn off at the client. If you are using
Exchange Server I believe the Exchange administrators can do something
about them though.

You can automate Email libraries that don't go through Outlook to avoid the
message. I use the CDOSys DLL that is found on Win 2K and Win XP.
Downside is that you can't display the outgoing message and the user does
not automatically get a copy in their SentMail folder.


--
I don't check the Email account attached
to this message. Send instead to...
RBrandt at Hunter dot com


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Lance McGonigal
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      7th Jun 2004
Rick...

Thanks for your help...I'm not using Exchange server just outlook going
through POP3. Does this change the result?

Thanks

"Rick Brandt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Lance McGonigal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:uqM$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi all, thanks in advance for your help.
> >
> > I have a routine that sends some emails out based on a recordset. When

I
> do
> > the send objects I get a message from Outlook that says someone is

trying
> to
> > send mail to I want to allow access for x minutes or messages? I think

> this
> > is a security setting somewhere but darn if I can find it. Do you know
> > where I can turn it down some?

>
> It is not something that you can turn off at the client. If you are using
> Exchange Server I believe the Exchange administrators can do something
> about them though.
>
> You can automate Email libraries that don't go through Outlook to avoid

the
> message. I use the CDOSys DLL that is found on Win 2K and Win XP.
> Downside is that you can't display the outgoing message and the user does
> not automatically get a copy in their SentMail folder.
>
>
> --
> I don't check the Email account attached
> to this message. Send instead to...
> RBrandt at Hunter dot com
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Rick Brandt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      8th Jun 2004
"Lance McGonigal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Rick...
>
> Thanks for your help...I'm not using Exchange server just outlook going
> through POP3. Does this change the result?


Then you're stuck with it unless you automate something that doesn't hit the
Outlook libraries.


--
I don't check the Email account attached
to this message. Send instead to...
RBrandt at Hunter dot com


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Supressing the ctrl-c and other keys during word automation in automation apondu Microsoft VB .NET 1 23rd Jul 2007 10:45 PM
Supressing the ctrl-c and other keys during word automation in automation apondu Microsoft C# .NET 0 19th Jul 2007 10:15 PM
Supressing the ctrl-c and other keys during word automation in automation apondu Microsoft Word Document Management 0 19th Jul 2007 10:15 PM
Supressing the ctrl-c and other keys during word automation in automation apondu Microsoft ASP .NET 0 19th Jul 2007 10:10 PM
Supressing the ctrl-c and other keys during word automation in automation apondu Microsoft Excel Programming 0 19th Jul 2007 10:10 PM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:59 PM.