Access link tables

abcd

      22nd Feb 2007
I have SQL Server DSN...my DB has tables defined as owner.table.

In Access file when I link SQL Server DSN and select any table it is linked
as owner_table

I have written my asp code with the notion of owner.table and in Access the
linked table is in the format of owner_table so failing my ASP page...

How to solve this. Why the owner.table is not maintanied and why the dot is
replaced by understore...

any work around>?

Arvin Meyer [MVP]

      22nd Feb 2007
You can rename the linked table to anything you wish. I always use Access
(L/R) naming conventions when naming tables, so dbo_customers becomes
tblCustomers in Access (and in asp code).
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"abcd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23A%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have SQL Server DSN...my DB has tables defined as owner.table.
>
> In Access file when I link SQL Server DSN and select any table it is
> linked as owner_table
>
> I have written my asp code with the notion of owner.table and in Access
> the linked table is in the format of owner_table so failing my ASP page...
>
> How to solve this. Why the owner.table is not maintanied and why the dot
> is replaced by understore...
>
> any work around>?

Van T. Dinh

      22nd Feb 2007
Yes, I always get rid of the "dbo_" in the Linked Table names ...

My SQL Server Tables already have the prefix "tbl" or "tlkp" so the Linked
Table names look like normal Access Table names. The icons still give
visual indication that they are ODBC-linked Tables ...

--
Cheers
Van T. Dinh

"Arvin Meyer [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> You can rename the linked table to anything you wish. I always use Access
> (L/R) naming conventions when naming tables, so dbo_customers becomes
> tblCustomers in Access (and in asp code).
> --
> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
> http://www.datastrat.com
> http://www.mvps.org/access
> http://www.accessmvp.com

abcd

      22nd Feb 2007
Thanks. I was trying to give a dot (.) in the name which is not accepted in
Access...

My ASP page does not reach to the linked SQL Server table from
Acess....where is the permission issue? Where should I look into

thanks

news:O6km%(E-Mail Removed)...