Access denied folder

Mrich

      1st Oct 2005
Hello,
I have a folder that I can not delete. I also can not open a file in the
folder. I receive the access denied message. Any suggestions would be well
appreciated.
Mrich

Kelly

      1st Oct 2005
Depends. You seem to be posting to both W2K and XP....which is it?

In the meantime, for XP:

Can't Delete a File or Folder in XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_d.htm#del

You Cannot Delete a File or a Folder:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=kb;en-us;Q320081

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

In memory of those lost during Katrina &
Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.

"Mrich" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
> I have a folder that I can not delete. I also can not open a file in the
> folder. I receive the access denied message. Any suggestions would be well
> appreciated.
> Mrich

Mrich

      1st Oct 2005
Thanks. I posted to both because I have the same problem on different
machines.

"Kelly" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Depends. You seem to be posting to both W2K and XP....which is it?
>
> In the meantime, for XP:
>
> Can't Delete a File or Folder in XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_d.htm#del
>
> You Cannot Delete a File or a Folder:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=kb;en-us;Q320081
>
> --
>
> All the Best,
> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>
> In memory of those lost during Katrina &
> Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.
>

> "Mrich" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hello,
>> I have a folder that I can not delete. I also can not open a file in the
>> folder. I receive the access denied message. Any suggestions would be
>> well appreciated.
>> Mrich

Mrich

      2nd Oct 2005
I actually have the problem on two machines.
Thank you but neither worked for me.