Access 97 MSI

Jody Stoll

      25th Oct 2004
hello,
I've created an MSI package for MS Access 97 which works OK on Windows
XP when the user is a local administrator. However I want the package to
work when the users are standard users.
The MSI installs OK with no errors but when you try to run the program
you get an error which says

'Microsoft Access can't start because there is no license for it on this
machine'

I've searched MS knowledge base which says that user must be able to
access HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Licenses which I have granted through the GP
Object and also gives another fix about renaming the hatten.ttf font
which i have tried but makes no difference.

Incidentally all other Office 97 programs work ok on a standard user
account which are MSI'd
Any advice or fixes would be most appreciated as this is becoming most
frustrating.

cheers

Anthony Yates

      16th Nov 2004
This is the hatten.ttf problem that you have already found.
Just take a deep breath and start again!
Anthony

news:(E-Mail Removed)...