Access 97 to Access 2003 database conversion

Jacques Trépanier

      29th Aug 2007
Hi,

We work in a mostly french environment. We have a standard image using MUI
Microsoft products (XP and Office 2003 are MUI) Since the convertion of an
ACCESS 97 BD into Access 2003, we experience a sort sequence problem when
using:

DoCmd.Openform or DoCmd.ApplyFilter

A selection on a name like "Coté" will return no record. Asking for "Cote"
will return all records including "Coté".

I suspect a problem with MUI (multi-user interface) but I did not find any
recommandation at Microsoft.

Thanks.

Pieter Wijnen

      30th Aug 2007
This may have to do with the collation order of the new db.
Check out CreateDatabase for more info

Pieter

"Jacques Trépanier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> We work in a mostly french environment. We have a standard image using MUI
> Microsoft products (XP and Office 2003 are MUI) Since the convertion of an
> ACCESS 97 BD into Access 2003, we experience a sort sequence problem when
> using:
>
> DoCmd.Openform or DoCmd.ApplyFilter
>
> A selection on a name like "Coté" will return no record. Asking for
> "Cote" will return all records including "Coté".
>
> I suspect a problem with MUI (multi-user interface) but I did not find any
> recommandation at Microsoft.
>
> Thanks.

Sylvain Lafontaine

      1st Sep 2007
Access 97 doesn't support Unicode but A2003 do; so it's possible that a
conversion problem occured during the conversion. Are you sure that "Coté"
has been really translated to "Coté" and not to something similar? What
happens if you insert a new record or try with a brand new Access 2003
database?

--
Sylvain Lafontaine, ing.
MVP - Technologies Virtual-PC