Access 2007 displays records in reverse order from Access 2003

Argent

      29th Sep 2008
I have an Access Application which was developed in Access 2003. Recently,
we arranged for Access 2007 clients to connect to it - which works OK, except
for one form.

If you connect using Access 2003, you get the records displayed according to
the OrderBy propery of the form (newest first). If you connect to it using
Access 2007, the form displays the records in order of their primary key
instead (effectively oldest first). It's as if 2007 is simply ignoring the
OrderBy property.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Fred

      29th Sep 2008
Is it possible that the "order by" was overridden by manually setting a sort?

"Argent" wrote:

> I have an Access Application which was developed in Access 2003. Recently,
> we arranged for Access 2007 clients to connect to it - which works OK, except
> for one form.
>
> If you connect using Access 2003, you get the records displayed according to
> the OrderBy propery of the form (newest first). If you connect to it using
> Access 2007, the form displays the records in order of their primary key
> instead (effectively oldest first). It's as if 2007 is simply ignoring the
> OrderBy property.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Argent

      30th Sep 2008
I'm fairly certain that no manual sorting is being done on this form, our
users are very naive and would almost certainly not know how to do that.

"Fred" wrote:

> Is it possible that the "order by" was overridden by manually setting a sort?
>

> "Argent" wrote:
>
> > I have an Access Application which was developed in Access 2003. Recently,
> > we arranged for Access 2007 clients to connect to it - which works OK, except
> > for one form.
> >
> > If you connect using Access 2003, you get the records displayed according to
> > the OrderBy propery of the form (newest first). If you connect to it using
> > Access 2007, the form displays the records in order of their primary key
> > instead (effectively oldest first). It's as if 2007 is simply ignoring the
> > OrderBy property.
> >
> > Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Fred

      30th Sep 2008
Assuming that 2007 is like the other version sin this respect, all that they
would need to do is click an A/Z or Z/A icon at the top to create an
overriding sort.