Access 2007 Browse to Import Excel File

Panama63

      16th Dec 2008
I have trouble with the Browse function that will not work when I am trying
to import an Excel file. When I go to the External Data -Excel File,, the
browse button will not do anything. If I go to the same for Access File, the
browse function will work. An ideas?

Pete D.

      16th Dec 2008
This works for me, can you explain what fails or what you can't do? Do you
have the latest SP1 for Office 2007
"Panama63" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have trouble with the Browse function that will not work when I am trying
> to import an Excel file. When I go to the External Data -Excel File,, the
> browse button will not do anything. If I go to the same for Access File,
> the
> browse function will work. An ideas?

Panama63

      18th Dec 2008
Sorry, I don't know how else to explain it. I want to import an excel file
into a database. I go to "Get External Data" then "Excel File" At this
point you get a popup window where you put in the location of the file you
want to import. At the right of that box is a "Browse" button that allows
you to seach through your computer to select the file that you want to
import. That "Browse" button will not take you anywhere to search for a
file. The box that your file address goes in will accept information, but
will not do anything. These functions all work when I try to get an access
file.

"Pete D." wrote:

> This works for me, can you explain what fails or what you can't do? Do you
> have the latest SP1 for Office 2007
> "Panama63" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have trouble with the Browse function that will not work when I am trying
> > to import an Excel file. When I go to the External Data -Excel File,, the
> > browse button will not do anything. If I go to the same for Access File,
> > the
> > browse function will work. An ideas?

Pete D.

      18th Dec 2008
I'm sorry also, sounds like you install needs to be repaired. Pete