PC Review


Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread

9800 GX2 speeds and comparisons with 8800 Ultra

 
 
Memnoch
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      18th Mar 2008
I have been reading on several websites about how the 9800 GX2 will be upto
30% faster than a stock 8800 Ultra and some benchmarks that have been posted
appear to come close to this although of course its hard to say how authentic
these test results are. However my question is rather a simple one. Are all of
these benchmarks run with SLI enabled?

My point is I currently run two 1950XTX cards in Crossfire and I have found to
my own cost how little software out there actually supports it or rather then
ATI drivers I guess. With that past experience I am currently leaning towards
an 8800 Ultra as an upgrade as I would rather have a card that works a little
slower than a GX2 on 100% of my software than a card that runs a little faster
than an 8800 Ultra on 30% of my software. And on the other 70% is a fair bit
slower.

Looking at some forum postings about it being a dual PCB in one card and not
needing SLI support, this appears to be false so you still need to have SLI
support on your chosen software. I for one can't be bothered with that gamble
anymore.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
geforce 9800 gx2, all 3 video ports used at once? markm75 DIY PC 1 6th Sep 2008 12:54 PM
Screen freezes when using Nvidia 174.74 driver for 9800 GX2 video steve h. Windows Vista Performance 1 29th Apr 2008 05:58 PM
GeForce 9800 GX2 leaked (two 65nm G92 / 8800 on 1 card) AirRaid ATI Video Cards 0 4th Jan 2008 10:40 PM
Gainward 8800 or Leadtek 8800 Sunn Computer Hardware 2 15th Jun 2007 09:07 PM
8800 Ultra Pre Order at OCUK V_R General 3 7th May 2007 02:16 PM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:02 PM.