      22nd Jul 2008
http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

8.7 Catalyst for 4850/70 are here!!!

Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k)

      22nd Jul 2008
Carl wrote:
> Thank you!

x2

BUT, should we stick with the hotfix driver for the mean time? You
know.... just in case ....

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (Xubuntu 8.04) Linux 2.6.26

Richie Rich

      22nd Jul 2008
bandit <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html
>
> 8.7 Catalyst for 4850/70 are here!!!

I'm using 8.7 beta driver for a while now. Thing is when I tried to go back
to those 8.6 hotfix drivers they would'nt install correctly due to
something that beta driver did. Hope these official 8.7 drivers install ok.

Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k)

      23rd Jul 2008
> That is what I was wondering. Is this a good update to the HD4870? I see
> nothing in the release that improves the performance of the 4870, addresses
> the high-heat settings, or helps any of the games I play.

Set the fan to always work at 100% speed.

> I would like to know what other people are experiencing before I install it.

I finally installed 8.7. So far, it's ok.

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (Xubuntu 8.04) Linux 2.6.26
^ ^ 12:04:01 up 1:43 0 users load average: 1.02 1.07 1.02
? ? (CSSA):

Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k)

      23rd Jul 2008
First of One wrote:
> You are just running a single card, right? I would recommend you ditch CCC
> altogether and use ATi Tray Tools (ATT) to control all functions. The only
> thing ATT lacks is robust Crossfire support.

does this ATT work in 64-bit Vi$ta?

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (Xubuntu 8.04) Linux 2.6.26
^ ^ 20:47:01 up 10:26 0 users load average: 1.00 1.02 1.00
? ? (CSSA):

James McTavish

      23rd Jul 2008
"First of One" <root@127.0.0.1> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> You are just running a single card, right? I would recommend you ditch
> CCC altogether and use ATi Tray Tools (ATT) to control all functions.
> The only thing ATT lacks is robust Crossfire support.

Does ATI Tray Tools support 48xx series cards yet? I don't think it does.

James McTavish

      23rd Jul 2008
"Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> does this ATT work in 64-bit Vi$ta?

It says it does but don't know if it works with 4850 and 4870 video cards.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/ATI-Tray...nload-733.html

You don't need it unless you are into heavy tweaking.

Logan

      28th Jul 2008
bandit wrote:
> http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html