staid

      13th Oct 2006
I need some help to resolve my dilemma here but first let me explained what
happened.

I installed Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 and the next day I was told there's
a couple of security update for it. Upon updating, I was told that the patch
KB922770, could not be successfully updated.

It's when I downloaded the patch (NDP20-KB922770-X86.exe) and install it
manually that I realised I didn't have sufficient disk space. I click
'cancel' to terminate the installation for the patch and perform Windows'
Disk Cleanup.

After deleting the temporary internet files, I realised that the installer
for KB922770 did not close properly and was hanged. I proceeded to terminate
it with Windows Task Manager.

When I retry running the patch manually, I was given the error message:
"Error 1305. Error reading from file C:\WINNT\Installer\77e595.msi Verify
that the file exists and that you can access it."

I checked and find no Installer folder in WINNT nor were there any 77e595.
msi file.

I reinstalled Microsoft Installer 3.1 v2 (WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.
exe) and the same error message persists. When I tried to uninstall
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0, it tells me:

"Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 has encountered a problem during setup. Setup
did not complete correctly."

There was an option to Send Report and a link, 'What data does this report
contain?' When clicked to view its contents, it reads...

C:\DOCUME~1\%username%\LOCALS~1\Temp\WLFE.tmp
C:\DOCUME~1\%username%\LOCALS~1\Temp\SDBF.tmp
C:\DOCUME~1\%username%\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSW0\VSSWMSISummary.txt
C:\DOCUME~1\%username%\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSW0\VSSWMSIInstallTime.txt
C:\DOCUME~1\%username%\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSW0\VSSWMSIFailInfo.txt
<NoFiles>

So now I'm stucked. I can overwrite the installation with a fresh
installation and neither can I uninstall it.

Can anyone be so kind as to help please? Thank you very much in advance.

P/S: OS is Windows 2000 with SP4.

      24th Oct 2006
Hi,

try the setup or patch with Parameter REINSTALL=ALL REINSTALLMODE=vaums or
veums

--
Mit freundlichem Gruß

Karlheinz Angele

Angele IT + Bau
Dienstleistungen

Tulpenstraße 24
88477 Schwendi

Tel.: 07353/3286
Mobil: 0170/6809495
Fax.: 01805 060 339 621 78

Internet: www.angele-web.de

Netzwerke * Installationen * Softwareverteilung * MSI Repacketierung * MSI
Schulung * Kabellose Netzwerke

CAD Dienstleistung * Werkplanung * Bauleitung * Aufmasse
"staid" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I need some help to resolve my dilemma here but first let me explained what
> happened.
>
> I installed Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 and the next day I was told
> there's
> a couple of security update for it. Upon updating, I was told that the
> patch
> KB922770, could not be successfully updated.
>
> It's when I downloaded the patch (NDP20-KB922770-X86.exe) and install it
> manually that I realised I didn't have sufficient disk space. I click
> 'cancel' to terminate the installation for the patch and perform Windows'
> Disk Cleanup.
>
> After deleting the temporary internet files, I realised that the installer
> for KB922770 did not close properly and was hanged. I proceeded to
> terminate
> it with Windows Task Manager.
>
> When I retry running the patch manually, I was given the error message:
> "Error 1305. Error reading from file C:\WINNT\Installer\77e595.msi Verify
> that the file exists and that you can access it."
>
> I checked and find no Installer folder in WINNT nor were there any 77e595.
> msi file.
>
> I reinstalled Microsoft Installer 3.1 v2
> (WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.
> exe) and the same error message persists. When I tried to uninstall
> Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0, it tells me:
>
> "Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 has encountered a problem during setup.
> Setup
> did not complete correctly."
>
> There was an option to Send Report and a link, 'What data does this report
> contain?' When clicked to view its contents, it reads...
>
> C:\DOCUME~1\%username%\LOCALS~1\Temp\WLFE.tmp
> C:\DOCUME~1\%username%\LOCALS~1\Temp\SDBF.tmp
> C:\DOCUME~1\%username%\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSW0\VSSWMSISummary.txt
> C:\DOCUME~1\%username%\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSW0\VSSWMSIInstallTime.txt
> C:\DOCUME~1\%username%\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSW0\VSSWMSIFailInfo.txt
> <NoFiles>
>

> So now I'm stucked. I can overwrite the installation with a fresh
> installation and neither can I uninstall it.
>
> Can anyone be so kind as to help please? Thank you very much in advance.
>
> P/S: OS is Windows 2000 with SP4.

NewScience

      4th Jan 2007
First, make sure that you can view System Files and Folders, and Show Hidden
Files and folders in Folder Options.

The Installer folder is considered a System folder and may be hidden.

Also check the .log or .txt files when you try running the Patch. Or there
may be a KB*.log file in C:\Winnt folder which may contain the errors.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...