3 year warranty how?

Anthony

      19th Feb 2005
Okay I just got a sempron 2200 retail in the mail put it in a system I am
making for an old friend and it didnt work to make sure it wasnt the
motherboard I put in an older xp chip and it works fine so what do I do to
get a new sempron?

robert.inkol@rogers.com

      19th Feb 2005

Anthony wrote:
> Okay I just got a sempron 2200 retail in the mail put it in a system

I am
> making for an old friend and it didnt work to make sure it wasnt the
> motherboard I put in an older xp chip and it works fine so what do I

do to
> get a new sempron?

You might need to update the bios for the motherboard to recognize the
sempron. Note that the semprons (except tfor the top end socket 754
versions) are basically rebadged Athlon XPs. They do differ from the
lower end XPs in that they are intended to use a 166/333 MHz clock. If
your motherboard or memory can't handle this clock, you will have a
problem there.

Robert

Anthony

      19th Feb 2005
Well the motherboard came already ready for sempron has a huge SEMPRON
sticker under the socket A or 462 or whatever its called now.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...