3 in one printers and Windows XP

=?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbA==?=

      8th May 2004
Help, has anyone out there managed to successfully connect and install a Lexmark X73 Printer to a PC running Windows XP Home and Office XP Pro. The same machine worked brilliantly on old PC running Windows 98, Office 97. I have downloaded and installed all the latest Service packs and patches from Microsoft and Lexmark. I have also been onto quite a lot of newsgroups, I have appreciated the help and advice on clean installs of printers also on the known problems with USB Ports and power consumption. Ready to just bin it now, tried for weeks, Lexmark no help at all, I think I have found out the hard way why they stopped making them

Any help greatly appreciated

Michael.

Debra

      8th May 2004
Michael, I apologize if you have already tried the following newsgroup. I
wouldn't want to take you where you've already been.
"microsoft.public.windowsxp.accessibility."
> Help, has anyone out there managed to successfully connect and install a

Lexmark X73 Printer to a PC running Windows XP Home and Office XP Pro. The
same machine worked brilliantly on old PC running Windows 98, Office 97. I
have downloaded and installed all the latest Service packs and patches from
Microsoft and Lexmark. I have also been onto quite a lot of newsgroups, I
have appreciated the help and advice on clean installs of printers also on
the known problems with USB Ports and power consumption. Ready to just bin
it now, tried for weeks, Lexmark no help at all, I think I have found out
the hard way why they stopped making them.

> Any help greatly appreciated.
>
> Michael.

Cerridwen

      8th May 2004
Debra wrote:
> Michael, I apologize if you have already tried the following
> newsgroup. I wouldn't want to take you where you've already been.
> "microsoft.public.windowsxp.accessibility."

And what has a group concerned with enabling people with disabilities to use
XP, got to do with printing?!

Cerridwen

      8th May 2004
Michael wrote:
> Help, has anyone out there managed to successfully connect and
> install a Lexmark X73 Printer to a PC running Windows XP Home and
> Office XP Pro. The same machine worked brilliantly on old PC running
> Windows 98, Office 97. I have downloaded and installed all the
> latest Service packs and patches from Microsoft and Lexmark. I have
> also been onto quite a lot of newsgroups, I have appreciated the help
> and advice on clean installs of printers also on the known problems
> with USB Ports and power consumption. Ready to just bin it now,
> tried for weeks, Lexmark no help at all, I think I have found out the
> hard way why they stopped making them.
>
> Any help greatly appreciated.
>
> Michael.

Please visit the following sites: -

DO NOT OMIT STEP 4 OR YOU WILL END UP REINSTALLING THE CORRUPT DRIVER.

For additional assistance with Lexmark printers visit
http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/index.htm.

Zebraloc

      8th May 2004
After a clean un-install, which hopefully you've done if not read
this http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm. Then,
check to make sure the USB port is powered
http://support.microsoft.com/default...&Product=winxp
Download the driver for win XP
http://downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/downloads.cgi

Follow the instructions to the letter. Do everything exactly as
directed, especially with disconnecting and reconnexcting the USB
cable.

Then read this article previously posted in this newsgroup and change
the settings and see what you get:

*<(E-Mail Removed)> posted on 4/21/04
*Lexmark suggested that I change the print processor to WinPrint and
*set the default data type to NT EMF 1.008
*the world is a much better place. not only are jobs deleted from the
*spool but they also go to the printer faster (because not as large)
*Perhaps I may have gotten to this on my own but I've simply never had
*to deal with print spool issues so I've never investigated processor
*and data types - I can't remember the last time I even looked at
these
*settings. Ah well, more wisdom for me I guess.

This is where you do the trial and error thing

*I have an X83. I hadn't been able to print for 2 weeks. I opened
*printers and faxes, right-clicked on Lexmark X83, properties, clicked
*the advanced tab, clicked Print Processor, changed the Print
Processor to WinPrint and tried the default data type NT EMF 1.008:
nothing happened. That was good because nothing froze, no error
messages. So I tried 1.007, and again nothing happened when I tried to
print a test page from the General tab. But oh Boy! When I entered
NT EMF 1.006 and hit print test page from the General tab, this old
X83 started printing like nobody's biznuss.

You get the idea. Others have had success, too.

On Sat, 8 May 2004 12:31:02 -0700, "Michael"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Help, has anyone out there managed to successfully connect and install a Lexmark X73 Printer to a PC running Windows XP Home and Office XP Pro. The same machine worked brilliantly on old PC running Windows 98, Office 97. I have downloaded and installed all the latest Service packs and patches from Microsoft and Lexmark. I have also been onto quite a lot of newsgroups, I have appreciated the help and advice on clean installs of printers also on the known problems with USB Ports and power consumption. Ready to just bin it now, tried for weeks, Lexmark no help at all, I think I have found out the hard way why they stopped making them.
>
>Any help greatly appreciated.
>
>Michael.

Debra

      8th May 2004
This is not a newsgroup to which you refer. You're thinking "surface
material." Dig a little deeper before you speak.
"Cerridwen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c7jf5e$bof$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Debra wrote:
> > Michael, I apologize if you have already tried the following
> > newsgroup. I wouldn't want to take you where you've already been.
> > "microsoft.public.windowsxp.accessibility."

> And what has a group concerned with enabling people with disabilities to

use
> XP, got to do with printing?!

Cerridwen

      8th May 2004
Debra wrote:
> This is not a newsgroup to which you refer. You're thinking "surface
> material." Dig a little deeper before you speak.

It's not a newsgroup?! Well, b*gger me! Let's look at the evidence, shall
we?

1) Does it fit the general pattern of a newsgroup?

2) Is it hosted on a NNTP server?

3) Is it part of Usenet?

Well b*gger me with a broomhandle and call me Aloysius, if the answer to all
the above isn't "yes".

And I don't know what you mean by "surface material" - if you have seen
posts relating to printing there, I can assure you they are completely
off-topic. The purpose of the 'accessibility' group is exactly as I have
stated - to enable people with disabilities to use XP. I'm sure Cari,
whenever she finds this thread, will back me on that. This is the correct
group for general printing issues (if the issue is related to a particular
application, then the problem should be addressed to a group dealing with
that application).

Box134

      14th May 2004
Yeah, I bet you'd enjoy that, Aloysius. Probably the best you can get.

news:c7jnud$j4u$(E-Mail Removed)...