28 sec duration original imports to 17 second video

Wesley

      22nd Mar 2009
I can't figure out why an original AVI imports into a shortened version.
from 28 seconds to a 17 second video. I even converted the file to a WMV and
its is still 28 seconds long and when I import the WMV video it still makes
it only a 17 second video. WTF?

PapaJohn

      24th Mar 2009
If you used the same file name as before, maybe the collection database or
project file is stuck on the original clip's duration. If that's the case
use a different file name.

If it's not that, then it's probably related to the codec used to compress
the file, one that doesn't work well in Movie Maker... and needs conversion
before use.

--
PapaJohn
www.papajohn.org