200Gb Basic Disk becomes 137Gb Dynamic Disk

=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmVu?=

      2nd Jun 2006
I have a 200Gb WD disk on a Promise controller card. WinXP sees it as 200Gb
when it is a 'Basic Disk' and it appears to work perfectly.

As soon as I convert it to a 'Dynamic Disk', WinXP immediately reports it as
a 137Gb disk.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steven Lyall

Bob I

      2nd Jun 2006
Did you happen to run the WD disk extender utility on it to make it 200 GB?

Steven wrote:

> I have a 200Gb WD disk on a Promise controller card. WinXP sees it as 200Gb
> when it is a 'Basic Disk' and it appears to work perfectly.
>
> As soon as I convert it to a 'Dynamic Disk', WinXP immediately reports it as
> a 137Gb disk.
>
> Any advice would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steven Lyall

Pegasus \(MVP\)

      2nd Jun 2006

"Steven" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a 200Gb WD disk on a Promise controller card. WinXP sees it as

200Gb
> when it is a 'Basic Disk' and it appears to work perfectly.
>
> As soon as I convert it to a 'Dynamic Disk', WinXP immediately reports it

as
> a 137Gb disk.
>
> Any advice would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steven Lyall

Check this link:

=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmVu?=

      2nd Jun 2006
Just clicked 'Fomat'.

Thanks,

Steven

"Bob I" wrote:

> Did you happen to run the WD disk extender utility on it to make it 200 GB?
>
> Steven wrote:
>
> > I have a 200Gb WD disk on a Promise controller card. WinXP sees it as 200Gb
> > when it is a 'Basic Disk' and it appears to work perfectly.
> >
> > As soon as I convert it to a 'Dynamic Disk', WinXP immediately reports it as
> > a 137Gb disk.
> >
> > Any advice would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Steven Lyall

=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmVu?=

      2nd Jun 2006
"Pegasus (MVP)" wrote:

> "Steven" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have a 200Gb WD disk on a Promise controller card. WinXP sees it as

> 200Gb
> > when it is a 'Basic Disk' and it appears to work perfectly.
> >
> > As soon as I convert it to a 'Dynamic Disk', WinXP immediately reports it

> as
> > a 137Gb disk.
> >
> > Any advice would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Steven Lyall

> Check this link:

Thanks - will check it out.

Steven

seedo

      10th Jul 2006

hello:

i have the same problem but i dont want to format my disk, cause i have
important files on it, my disk is sata.
can any body help me.

thank u

--