in 2007 the text box and label move together, how do I separate

CSO Alicia

      5th Sep 2008
I recently switched from Access 2003 to 2007. I have found when I create a
report in report wizard the label and text box are connected. If I move one,
the other one goes with it. It seems like it should be so easy to delete one
and not the other or just move the location of one and not the other.
However, I can not figure out how to do this.

Marshall Barton

      5th Sep 2008
CSO Alicia <CSO Alicia @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I recently switched from Access 2003 to 2007. I have found when I create a
>report in report wizard the label and text box are connected. If I move one,
>the other one goes with it. It seems like it should be so easy to delete one
>and not the other or just move the location of one and not the other.
>However, I can not figure out how to do this.

I don't use A2007 enough to know if it's much different but
in all previous versions you can just lick on the label and
hit the delete key to get rid of it.

To move one without moving the other, drag the upper left
handle (where the mouse pointer changes to a hand/finger.

If you want to detach the label from the text box, click on
the label, Cut it and then select a blank area in the
section and Paste it, Then you can drag it wherever.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Lost but trying hard

      6th Sep 2008
Alicia I'm having the same problem. If you found thee solution could you
please post it? I was not able to make Marshall's suggestions work.
Thanks

"CSO Alicia" wrote:

> I recently switched from Access 2003 to 2007. I have found when I create a
> report in report wizard the label and text box are connected. If I move one,
> the other one goes with it. It seems like it should be so easy to delete one
> and not the other or just move the location of one and not the other.
> However, I can not figure out how to do this.

Marshall Barton

      7th Sep 2008
Make sure you are in **design** view when you try to do this
kind of thing. I believe that layout view does not allow
much more than formatting changes.
--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Lost but trying hard <Lost but trying
(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Alicia I'm having the same problem. If you found thee solution could you
>please post it? I was not able to make Marshall's suggestions work.
>Thanks
>
>"CSO Alicia" wrote:
>
>> I recently switched from Access 2003 to 2007. I have found when I create a
>> report in report wizard the label and text box are connected. If I move one,
>> the other one goes with it. It seems like it should be so easy to delete one
>> and not the other or just move the location of one and not the other.
>> However, I can not figure out how to do this.

RoyVidar

      7th Sep 2008
CSO Alicia wrote:
> I recently switched from Access 2003 to 2007. I have found when I
> create a report in report wizard the label and text box are
> connected. If I move one, the other one goes with it. It seems like
> it should be so easy to delete one and not the other or just move
> the location of one and not the other. However, I can not figure out
> how to do this.

When working with controls, there should be an Arrange tab, with a
group called Control Layout. The button called Remove within that group
should allow that.

--
Roy-Vidar

L.K.

      30th Oct 2008
Have any of you found the solution to this? 2007 does not operate like 2003
as there are not separate "handles" for the label and text box. I'm
wondering if it is a bug in 2007? I'd appreciate any help/suggestions.
Thanks.

"RoyVidar" wrote:

> CSO Alicia wrote:
> > I recently switched from Access 2003 to 2007. I have found when I
> > create a report in report wizard the label and text box are
> > connected. If I move one, the other one goes with it. It seems like
> > it should be so easy to delete one and not the other or just move
> > the location of one and not the other. However, I can not figure out
> > how to do this.

> When working with controls, there should be an Arrange tab, with a
> group called Control Layout. The button called Remove within that group
> should allow that.
>
> --
> Roy-Vidar

geraldine fitzpatrick

      23rd Sep 2010
Open report in design view, click on the Arrange ribbon, click on the label you wish to move, click on the Remove button under the Control Layout section of the Arrange ribbon, then either move the label or the text box.

> On Friday, September 05, 2008 12:28 PM CSO Alicia wrote:

> I recently switched from Access 2003 to 2007. I have found when I create a
> report in report wizard the label and text box are connected. If I move one,
> the other one goes with it. It seems like it should be so easy to delete one
> and not the other or just move the location of one and not the other.
> However, I can not figure out how to do this.

>> On Friday, September 05, 2008 3:06 PM Marshall Barton wrote:

>> CSO Alicia <CSO Alicia @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>

>> I don't use A2007 enough to know if it's much different but
>> in all previous versions you can just lick on the label and
>> hit the delete key to get rid of it.
>>
>> To move one without moving the other, drag the upper left
>> handle (where the mouse pointer changes to a hand/finger.
>>
>> If you want to detach the label from the text box, click on
>> the label, Cut it and then select a blank area in the
>> section and Paste it, Then you can drag it wherever.
>>
>> --
>> Marsh
>> MVP [MS Access]

>>> On Saturday, September 06, 2008 6:48 PM Lost but trying har wrote:

>>> Alicia I am having the same problem. If you found thee solution could you
>>> please post it? I was not able to make Marshall's suggestions work.
>>> Thanks

New Member

      19th Feb 2012
Trying to come up to speed with a later version of Access as I am use to older versions.

In Arrange Tab, Ther is a block called "Control layout". This has three options on the left "Tabular", "Stacked" and "Remove". Click on Remove and it frees them all up.