2003 web edition question

=?Utf-8?B?RWlyaWsgUmVuc3Zpaw==?=

      1st Oct 2004
Does 2003 server web edition support Intel Xeon processors, or should I use a
32 bit processor?

Bob I

      1st Oct 2004
Ah, Xeons ARE 32 bit processors!

Eirik Rensvik wrote:

> Does 2003 server web edition support Intel Xeon processors, or should I use a
> 32 bit processor?

=?Utf-8?B?RWlyaWsgUmVuc3Zpaw==?=

      8th Oct 2004
oh yes, of course,
but will the web server edition utilize the EM64T? or would it make no
difference if it did, performance-wise?

tnx

"Bob I" wrote:

> Ah, Xeons ARE 32 bit processors!
>
> Eirik Rensvik wrote:
>
> > Does 2003 server web edition support Intel Xeon processors, or should I use a
> > 32 bit processor?

Bob I

      8th Oct 2004
Can't say as it would make much difference based on this bit from Intel.

"Intelę Extended Memory 64 Technology, or Intelę EM64T is an enhancement
to Intel's IA-32 architecture. The enhancement allows the processor to
run newly written 64-bit code and access larger amounts of memory. These
extensions do not run code written for the Intelę Itaniumę processor.
Click here for a more detailed description of Intelę EM64T. Further
details on the 64-bit extension architecture and programming model can
be found in the 64-bit Extension Technology Software Developer's Guide."