--
Thank you,
Eric Vogel
http://shelluser.mvps.org
http://msn.mvps.org
http://www.msmvps.com/shelluser

Eric C. Vogel

      6th Jan 2005
Normally my system is clean. Somehow (SAV was not clear as to which varient)
HTML/IE Crash got into the MSN Desktop Search Cache and SAV 9.01 with
12/28/04 Defs. (Latest def's when it found it earlier this week) got right
through the AV Real-time scanner. I have not seen any outbound requests on
XP2 Firewall. (Have ISA 2000 for inbound on SBS 2003). This could by why I
got infected.

I just renewed SAV, looks like I may have to re-evaluate whats out there
next year.

--
Thank you,
Eric Vogel
http://shelluser.mvps.org
http://msn.mvps.org
http://www.msmvps.com/shelluser
"Eric C. Vogel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Ogc0kt$(E-Mail Removed)...
> See next post with attachment.
>
> --
> Thank you,
> Eric Vogel
> http://shelluser.mvps.org
> http://msn.mvps.org
> http://www.msmvps.com/shelluser

Paul L.

      6th Jan 2005
I think chktrust.exe and extract.exe aren't windows files cuz I don't have
them in my windows system32 dir

"Eric C. Vogel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:edS5tw$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Normally my system is clean. Somehow (SAV was not clear as to which
> varient) HTML/IE Crash got into the MSN Desktop Search Cache and SAV 9.01
> with 12/28/04 Defs. (Latest def's when it found it earlier this week) got
> right through the AV Real-time scanner. I have not seen any outbound
> requests on XP2 Firewall. (Have ISA 2000 for inbound on SBS 2003). This
> could by why I got infected.
>
> I just renewed SAV, looks like I may have to re-evaluate whats out there
> next year.
>
> --
> Thank you,
> Eric Vogel
> http://shelluser.mvps.org
> http://msn.mvps.org
> http://www.msmvps.com/shelluser
> "Eric C. Vogel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Ogc0kt$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> See next post with attachment.
>>
>> --
>> Thank you,
>> Eric Vogel
>> http://shelluser.mvps.org
>> http://msn.mvps.org
>> http://www.msmvps.com/shelluser

Ray D. [MVP]

      6th Jan 2005
chktrust.exe is part of the .NET Framework tools:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...hktrustexe.asp

It looks like extract.exe (in this case) is actually spyware:
http://sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.ieplugin.html

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...