1 hard drive , 3 partitions, will setup wipe entire drive or just c: ?

jd

      9th May 2008
c: d: g:
winnt is on c:
it is hosed.
backed up data to g:
if I boot from w2k setup, will if format just the c: or wipe the entire
drive? will d: and g: still be there when setup is done?

thanks in advance.

John John (MVP)

      9th May 2008
It will only format what you tell it to format. When the setup program
inspects the hard disk(s) it will report what it finds and ask you what
you want to do. That being said mistakes do happen and almost anything
is possible when you install an operating system, if you value your data
you will have another backup on an independent media.

John